____ ---------------------------
Construct 2 Check failure
---------------------------
Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Layout view: drawing deleted instance

Condition: !i->instance->IsDeleted()
File: Editors\CLayoutView.cpp
Line: 438
Function: void __cdecl CLayoutView::DoDraw(bool)
Build: release 230 (64-bit) checked
Component: Construct 2 IDE
(Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.
Abort Retry Ignore
did not crash on retry the 2nd the this appeared ____

Attach a Capx
____ I rather don't.. sorry! ____

Description of Capx
____ it's a mobile game with currently around 30 layouts, 14mb of music and 2 sound effects, i have not recently deleted any item from the project.____

Steps to Reproduce Bug
  • was previewing the game on monitor3
  • moved the mouse to monitor 1 (C2 is spread across monitor 1 & 2, i use Monitor 1 for the code /split layout)
  • clicked on "Add Action" under: "Touch 0 speed > 1000 & Scrollspeed*GlobalVar* = 0 - abs(touch.angleat(0)) >0 <0180
  • Error message.

Observed Result
____ Error message, crashed C2 on ignore, 2nd time did not crash on clicking retry ____

Expected Result
____ What do you expect to happen? ____ this is a strange question.. i expected the menu popup of adding actions, which did popup after the retry :)

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: (/NO)
  • FireFox: (/NO)
  • Internet Explorer: (/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack
____ Your operating system and service pack ____ W10 up to date July 18.

Construct 2 Version ID
____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____ 230 - 64bit.
~LL

"90 Degrees" powered by C2 on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... etyDegrees
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:26 am

@Anonynoise

There is nothing anyone - including Ashley - can do with this report as it doesn't follow the Bug Report Requirements, so is likely to be closed by Ashley automatically.

Are you using any non-standard plugins? Does it happen every time the same way?

If you can describe it, then you should be able to recreate it in a new simple .capx with precise steps.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:15 am

Closing, please see the bug report requirements, otherwise we can't help.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:06 pm

zenox98 wrote:@Anonynoise

There is nothing anyone - including Ashley - can do with this report as it doesn't follow the Bug Report Requirements, so is likely to be closed by Ashley automatically.

Are you using any non-standard plugins? Does it happen every time the same way?

If you can describe it, then you should be able to recreate it in a new simple .capx with precise steps.

i described it as best as i can, it happened twice, completely out of the blue, randomly. and has not re-occurred since the report.
i don't use anything non-standard except the separate Node installer which is still pretty much standard (older versions of C2 had it pre-installed, doesn't feel any different now so i consider it standard.)
but it only happened twice, i think it's just a super unique case (never saw it before in the past years) that solved itself somehow.
anyways, the error told me to copy-paste the message for the devs.. so i did, too bad it doesn't seem to help in any way tho.
~LL

"90 Degrees" powered by C2 on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... etyDegrees
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs