C2 Data Editor (Tools)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:28 am

ggibson1 wrote:
Thanks for your feedback!

Your first two items are currently available in the C2 Data Editor. Renaming arrays is like renaming a file in Windows. Click once to select and click again to go into rename mode. To rename columns double click the column header.

I do not understand your third item. To import JSON already in C2 format you should paste it into the main screen.

Good luck!

Nice, thank you for the clarification! I also got the JSON import to work from my original JSON file. Must have been some mistake on my side - I have no idea why, since even I, normally can handle the complexity of copy and pasting text ;)

Cheers,
thegrind
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:51 pm

*EDIT*
Only updating here... I got it working: I noticed that I have to run the function to populate the arrays with data, otherwise there's only the function to populate in the event sheet but the array remains unpopulated.

It works in a bit different manner than I'm used to working with construct arrays, but now that I studied the differences it's fine - Thanks for a really useful tool =)

*ORIGINAL POST*
Hey @ggibson1, I bought the editor and really like it, but for some reason I'm having a hard time getting the information out of it in Construct2.

How does it store the information in arrays for example? I set a textbox in construct to set text with every tick to Array.AsJSON, and I receive emptyresult showing that the array "data": []... regardless of having input a lot of data into that specific array. How would I return for example the first row result of first column that I have named as "earned"?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:12 pm

A new update has just been uploaded. Everyone should receive an email in the next 24 hours with download instructions.

From the Changes.txt file:

* Bug fixes
* Fixed an issue where characters were being converted to ????? characters because of incorrect string formatting.

*** Don't forget to rate and review C2 Data Editor in the Scirra App Store!!!
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:55 am

Just a heads up, if some of you experience errors injecting data into C2, and you think you are doing everything right. I just spend hours identifying this problem; check that your data strings doesn't contain non-breaking space at the end (which can be present when copy/pasting from some formats). This is not visible in the editor, but is encoded in the XML, and causes error when C2 is opening the data files.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:07 am

Having a hard time interacting with the data once it's been injected into the Construct project. At start of Layout I call the "CreateTestDB" function. The debugger says there are two arrays. An empty one and the one that has data that was created with the function call, but I can't interact with it.

I have a text object that every tick is displaying TestDB.At(0,0) and it always reads 0. I assume because it's reading the first array that is also called TestDB, but is empty.

And I included the Data event sheet with the search functions but those aren't working either. I wasn't completely clear from the manual but I assume all the results of a function call end up in the ResultSet array? But that stays empty the whole time.

The function call I am testing looks like this; "SearchColumnFindAllLike"(TestDB.UID, "ColumnName","String I am searching for")

Any help or direction anyone has would be appreciated. There is nothing about this program anywhere except here and the shop page. Otherwise it seems like it's going to be a huge time saver once I get it working. Thanks!

-daleinen

EDIT

The main problem I had was I was using a string as the second parameter. It needed to be 'ArrayName.ColumnName'. I also Destroy the Array before Creating a new one so that there is only one. I don't know that this is vital or not, but it seems a bit cleaner.
Last edited by daleinen on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:16 pm

daleinen wrote:Having a hard time interacting with the data once it's been injected into the Construct project. At start of Layout I call the "CreateTestDB" function. The debugger says there are two arrays. An empty one and the one that has data that was created with the function call, but I can't interact with it.

I have a text object that every tick is displaying TestDB.At(0,0) and it always reads 0. I assume because it's reading the first array that is also called TestDB, but is empty.

And I included the Data event sheet with the search functions but those aren't working either. I wasn't completely clear from the manual but I assume all the results of a function call end up in the ResultSet array? But that stays empty the whole time.

The function call I am testing looks like this; "SearchColumnFindAllLike"(TestDB.UID, "ColumnName","String I am searching for")

Any help or direction anyone has would be appreciated. There is nothing about this program anywhere except here and the shop page. Otherwise it seems like it's going to be a huge time saver once I get it working. Thanks!

-daleinen

EDIT

I found out if at start of layout I destroy the existing TestDB array, and then create a new array with the create function it will reference the right array. Seems like the wrong way to go about it but as long as it works.

Please see the email I sent you in response showing how to modify your events to correctly load the data and do a search against it.

Good luck!
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:26 pm

Thanks. Appreciate the quick response!
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:00 pm

NEW topic:

I post here over sending a private message toggibson1, to help other users of the C2 Data Editor tools

HI ggibson1

Query 1: in the example project, you have a "MetaData" array. What advantage does this array provided?

I have been trying to follow your example in how your ready and write data to array, but i find that i still don't completely under some aspects of the code and so unsure if i should or not apply to my project.

Many Thanks
henry
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:56 pm

There is nothing special about the arrays in the examples.

They are just normal C2 arrays.

To fully understand working with arrays in C2 you should fully read all C2 documentation on arrays.

Good luck!
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:09 pm

please, I email you! need support
[email protected]
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Scirra Store