C2 Data Editor (Tools)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:08 pm

Is this tool still active?
B

Post » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:13 pm

MrFisty wrote:Is this tool still active?

It is still being sold and still works like it always did.
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:21 pm

Is there a way to do a spell check? Looking at the videos, I see you don't appear to have a way to do it within the software itself, so I was wondering how easy it would be to copy the array from your program into something like excel or word, perform a spell check, then copy from these programs back into your array.

Hope that makes sense.
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:41 pm

AnD4D wrote:Is there a way to do a spell check? Looking at the videos, I see you don't appear to have a way to do it within the software itself, so I was wondering how easy it would be to copy the array from your program into something like excel or word, perform a spell check, then copy from these programs back into your array.

Hope that makes sense.

Hi @ggibson1, Do you happen to know the answer to the above question? I'm holding off on purchasing atm due to this.
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:25 pm

AnD4D wrote:
AnD4D wrote:Is there a way to do a spell check? Looking at the videos, I see you don't appear to have a way to do it within the software itself, so I was wondering how easy it would be to copy the array from your program into something like excel or word, perform a spell check, then copy from these programs back into your array.

Hope that makes sense.

Hi @ggibson1, Do you happen to know the answer to the above question? I'm holding off on purchasing atm due to this.

Neither an export nor a spell check feature exists in the tool.

However, I did successfully use this json-to-csv tool to copy the JSON version of data into a CSV and then edit that with Excel … and then import back into C2DataEditor.

https://konklone.io/json/

B
S

Post » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:14 pm

Hmmm... I'm not sure what I did, but I broke it. I can export my data to a new capx, and Construct2 can't open it.

Failed to open project....

Found an event condition referencing an object 'DataSets', but this does not appear to be an object type or family in the project
Under element: c2eventsheet\events\event-group\sub-events\event-block\sub-events\event-block\sub-events\event-block\sub-events\event-block\conditions\condition
Line 74, column 49
in c:\.....\data.xml

I tried to get the data.xml, but it appears to be temporary and was gone even before I closed the dialog.

here's the Json:
{"c2dictionary":true,"data":{"This is a string":"{\"c2dictionary\":true,\"data\":{\"This is a key\":\"{\\\"c2array\\\":true,\\\"firstRowIsColumnNames\\\":true,\\\"size\\\":[7,2,1],\\\"data\\\":[[[\\\"column1\\\"],[\\\"column2\\\"]],[[0],[0]],[[1],[1]],[[2],[2]],[[3],[3]],[[4],[4]],[[5],[5]]]}\"}}","This is another string":"{\"c2dictionary\":true,\"data\":{\"This is a key\":\"{\\\"c2array\\\":true,\\\"firstRowIsColumnNames\\\":true,\\\"size\\\":[7,2,1],\\\"data\\\":[[[\\\"column1\\\"],[\\\"column2\\\"]],[[0],[0]],[[1],[1]],[[2],[2]],[[3],[3]],[[4],[4]],[[5],[5]]]}\"}}","This is yet another string":"{\"c2dictionary\":true,\"data\":{\"This is a key\":\"{\\\"c2array\\\":true,\\\"firstRowIsColumnNames\\\":true,\\\"size\\\":[7,2,1],\\\"data\\\":[[[\\\"column1\\\"],[\\\"column2\\\"]],[[0],[0]],[[1],[1]],[[2],[2]],[[3],[3]],[[4],[4]],[[5],[5]]]}\"}}"}}

---------------------------------------
*edit*
Importing into a blank project appears to have fixed the issue. I'm not quite sure exactly what broke, but I can't get it to fail on a blank project. *shrug* If I imported into existing project or "save all to capx" the resulting capx would break. But If I created one in Construct as blank and then imported, it worked.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:42 pm

PixelHero wrote:Hmmm... I'm not sure what I did, but I broke it. I can export my data to a new capx, and Construct2 can't open it.

Failed to open project....
---------------------------------------
*edit*
Importing into a blank project appears to have fixed the issue. I'm not quite sure exactly what broke, but I can't get it to fail on a blank project. *shrug* If I imported into existing project or "save all to capx" the resulting capx would break. But If I created one in Construct as blank and then imported, it worked.

So did you get it figured out?

If not can you give a single specific example with as many details as possible about how to reproduce it?

Thanks
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi !

I just bought this tool, and it goes beyond what I expected! Currently making a visual novel, I'll find it really useful. :D

Thanks and nice work! :)

EDIT : Seems like I encountered some issue with the injection feature. When I inject an array (Items from your demo in this case) in a new empty project, the firstRowIsColumnName instance variable is always set on false, whether the corresponding checkbox is checked or no. Did I miss something?

Thanks for your answer! :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:44 pm

Is this likely to go on sale anytime soon?
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:50 am

Bro7hers wrote:Hi !

I just bought this tool, and it goes beyond what I expected! Currently making a visual novel, I'll find it really useful. :D

Thanks and nice work! :)

EDIT : Seems like I encountered some issue with the injection feature. When I inject an array (Items from your demo in this case) in a new empty project, the firstRowIsColumnName instance variable is always set on false, whether the corresponding checkbox is checked or no. Did I miss something?

Thanks for your answer! :)

Thanks for using the tool.

Sorry it took so long to respond ... I did not receive an email when you posted this message.

firstRowIsColumnName is a family inherited instance variable (from the DataSets family) and as such can only have a specific value set at run time.

The value you see in the C2 UI is the default family value that is set by default each time you create an instance of the Array object.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Scirra Store