C2 FOR MAC! how long it will take?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:44 am

hi guys! as the title says, how long it will take for us the users to get Construct 2 running o a mac without using any kind of virtualbox or installing windows, im a PC user but i have to move to work and i use a MacBook pro for that, using a virtualbox or parallel dekstop really make the device SLOW and i know Construct 3 is being worked but we wont know when we ever going to even see it, its been almost 1 year since the announcement of Construct 3 and in all these time we could just had an APPLE PORT for CONSTRUCT 2.

i want to know what u guys thinkg? lets just wait for Construct 3? or ask for a Port

B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:10 pm

IJCT wrote:i want to know what u guys thinkg? lets just wait for Construct 3? or ask for a Port

Just my opinion - Pretty pointless question, really.
Ashley has already stated numerous times that his time is now focussed on C3 so asking for a Mac port is hardly a realistic probability.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:21 pm

IJCT wrote:i want to know what u guys thinkg? lets just wait for Construct 3? or ask for a Port

From what I understood from all those postings made in regard to this one of the main motivations behind redoing the editor for C3 was to get rid of some older dependencies like the UI toolkit used, because it effectively prevented ports to other OSes.

So.. yes. Just wait.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:26 pm

Yes, you will have to wait for C3. Also, yes we have to wait for a while, but Ashley stated recently that it's being worked at, so don't worry. It's not abandoned.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:28 pm

IJCT wrote:in all these time we could just had an APPLE PORT for CONSTRUCT 2.

Why can't we just launch a rocket to Mars?! It's been ages and we have rockets and people, so why can't we just go there now?!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:56 pm

On the list of important things/features C3 should have, in my opinion Mac support is nowhere near the top of the list. It would be nice to have but the user base is comparatively small and as said above it's already possible to use Construct on mac via virtual machine/boot camp/remote desktop (not ideal but possible nonetheless). Time is limited and I'd rather have C3 development focus on other things, but that's just my opinion.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:45 pm

Ashley wrote:

Why can't we just launch a rocket to Mars?! It's been ages and we have rockets and people, so why can't we just go there now?!

Lol :lol: . I did not expect that reply. But really, I don't know how C2 is made but I can tell that making a software compatible with Apple is to redesign the whole program itself which is hard. Let's just wait for C3.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:21 pm

I run Construct 2 on my MBA without any issues in Parallels "Cohesion Mode."
I have even used the Intel XDK for OSX to publish my last couple games and haven't run into any problems.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:47 pm

^^^^ just use a VM and it works fine in OSX
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:10 am

Ashley wrote:

i would laught if the engine was something more complex as unity or unreal.

B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General