C2 Hangs on saving

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:21 pm

Well, yesterday after my failed 'save' experience, I ran into a new issue. (I am not running any file cleaners or other hard drive utilities).

This time, I saved and C2 hung with the 'Saving' dialog box running perpetually. I had to use Task Manager to terminate the program. It shows 'Saving auto-backup file...' in the bottom -- this is a shot of my 'crash'....

There are clearly problems with C2 in the saving and backup features. ... Thankfully, after yesterday's experience, I have good backup system.

... What will tomorrow bring? :(
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:26 pm

I have had save take a long time and stutter from time to time.

When this happens, what does task manager say? how much resources is your cpu, ram, and HDD using?

Is it a big project?

Have you let it "hang" for awhile? I have had times where it "hangs" during a save so I walk away and when I come back it is saved and back to normal.
If you are looking for solutions and workarounds to the Windows 10 C2 performance issues feel free to reach out to me.

Following rexrainbow's lead - Goodbye.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:55 pm

Thanks for checking, I walked away for about 10 minutes, then killed it... it's a small project. I have good backup systems, multiple copies now in place. I've moved on...
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:51 pm

This has come up a couple of times and I had it a while ago. Do you, by chance, happen to have a Microsoft Office file saved and open in the root folder of the project (or sub-folder)?
Learning other engines, but C2 still rocks. Image Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:23 pm

No MS office, but I use Sublime2 for text edits, which I have used on files in the same directory folder that may have been opened ... I have actually moved to a separate folder now, but this is very crazy. Whatever may be causing the trouble, I wish C2 was a little more graceful in handling the problem.
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General