C2 heavy start with activation

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:27 pm

Ok, a part of my problem has been solved, the reason being that it had the executable in "win7 compatibility" mode and this seems to greatly reduce the execution speed of the program.

But the former question does remain.
The start time of C2 increases greatly when you activate it.
Just try it as I said before.

michael wrote:I have always put the license file in the C2 root folder, didn't know you could tell it to find it somewhere else.

Does it help if you do that?

I have the license in C: / C2license
I have tried to put it in the C2 installation folder but that has no effect for me.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:48 am

My guess is because the full version loads extra features, unlike the free version which is limited.
Still I don't see the problem. If a software takes 3 or 4 seconds + to load, what's the big deal? You still get to work on your project no ?
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:51 am

X3M wrote:@The Mnk
As @michael said, your license folder should be at the C2 root folder and not inside a custom folder. I think that is the reason why your C2 takes 2 seconds+ looking for the license file, it can't find it.

The Mnk wrote:Ok, a part of my problem has been solved, the reason being that it had the executable in "win7 compatibility" mode and this seems to greatly reduce the execution speed of the program.

But the former question does remain.
The start time of C2 increases greatly when you activate it.
Just try it as I said before.

michael wrote:I have always put the license file in the C2 root folder, didn't know you could tell it to find it somewhere else.

Does it help if you do that?

I have the license in C: / C2license
I have tried to put it in the C2 installation folder but that has no effect for me.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:54 am

Strange.

Installed latest build r243 x64 and moved my license so it would launch the free version. It started in < 2 secs.

Moved license back into C2 installation folder and launched. It too approx 6 seconds.

I have no explanation for this, but it isn't something I can't live with - it's just a little strange !
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:01 am

zenox98 wrote:Strange.

Installed latest build r243 x64 and moved my license so it would launch the free version. It started in < 2 secs.

Moved license back into C2 installation folder and launched. It too approx 6 seconds.

I have no explanation for this, but it isn't something I can't live with - it's just a little strange !

My opinion is that it should be the license authentication algorithm.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:30 pm

I tested this as well and I'm getting the same thing... Free <2 seconds and Licensed about 7 seconds.

yeah I can understand, it's slow to respond. A number of times I open 2 versions of C2 because I don't really know if I double clicked the icon to run it or not. So when nothing happens, I try again. Then there are 2 versions up... it's just annoyance though..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:58 pm

jobel wrote:I tested this as well and I'm getting the same thing... Free <2 seconds and Licensed about 7 seconds.

yeah I can understand, it's slow to respond. A number of times I open 2 versions of C2 because I don't really know if I double clicked the icon to run it or not. So when nothing happens, I try again. Then there are 2 versions up... it's just annoyance though..

Yes, that's why I always run it from the ENTER key, so I'm sure.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General