C2 just for prototypes?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:17 pm

Could C2 be used to create commercial game? What things prevent it to create prototype only?
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:00 pm

[QUOTE=sqiddster]
The issue of 'fake developer' is interesting to bring up though. I wonder if, were a C2 game to become popular, it would not be seen as highly as a game made in a more low-level engine. C2 is so good that it almost feels like 'cheating' to make a very good game in the software - would other developers feel 'cheated'?

This also brings up a question which I have not been able to answer honestly - does a C2 game deserve as much respect as the same game made from scratch?[/QUOTE]
Nah. Maybe you can get some more cred in programming circles but most gamers won't care a bit. The end product is what counts imo.

[QUOTE=sammyconstruct] Could C2 be used to create commercial game? What things prevent it to create prototype only?[/QUOTE]
Yep.

Nothing I know of.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:02 pm

[QUOTE=sammyconstruct] Could C2 be used to create commercial game? What things prevent it to create prototype only?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! Just keep in mind real-time multiplayer isn't feasible at the moment and performance won't be as good as a low-level engine.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:41 pm

I see no reason that C2 couldn't make full scale PC games. If you really wanted too make a game like Mark of the Ninja; that should be doable. The difference is that some game developers have the money, time and team to really put together some AAA stuff. Where as it seems if your using C2/GMS/MMF.... your a smaller team if not mostly solo.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:50 pm

Yeah I cant afford a unity license if im a one man team :/
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General