C2 Licenses to Steam key and related questions

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:40 pm

[QUOTE=654kos] hm... so if i buy a personal license on steam would my " personal copy" of construct 2 be available without using steam? coz i don't understand why price is so different[/QUOTE]

I'd also like to know the answer to this -- I was about to pull the trigger a personal license last night, when I realized it wasn't clear how this would work. :P
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:26 pm

[QUOTE=jegcelorio] I want to buy a personal license. Should I buy it from Steam or directly from the Scirra website? If I buy it from the Scirra website, how long does it take to receive the activation key?
[/QUOTE]

The website.

It appears that some people are experiencing problems using never versions
on steam.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:56 am

Thanks Vaupell!!

Fortyseven,

I bought the license from the website.

I can download all the betas, and use it without any other "required platform".

I personally recommend you buy it from the website (as of late January 2013).

The support given directly by Scirra (licensehelp@scirra.com) is impressive, in case you have problems/questions.

I do not know anything about the quality of the support given by the Steam platform; although there is a growing Steam Community forum where Scirra members are giving tips and advice.

Hope this helps to any game developers interested in buying a personal license.

B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:51 am

Not sure where I should post this, but...

I've been getting this error when trying to opt-in in the beta 117, since it was the version I was using before.

If I click "ok", Construct 2 opens, but it's still version 114.

I tried re-installing everything, checking the integrity cache, etc, but nothing works. If I opt-out of the beta, I still get the error, unless I reinstall it completely.

Another weird thing is that when I download it, it says the size is 300+ MB, but it actually is just 98MB.

It works normally if I don't opt in the beta, though.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:35 pm

A quick Google turned up this, looks like a problem with Avast antivirus.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Really weird, I don't have Avast. I use Win8 and Windows Defender, since it comes with it.

But anyway, I tried that and it seems like it worked (I'm not getting the error anymore), but I still can't download the latest beta from Steam.

Do I just have to change the option and wait? Or maybe it'll only work when the next beta comes out?

Thanks @ashley!andreyin2013-02-01 16:23:15
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:12 pm

I'm already regretting to've bought this on Steam. Should've thought this through.
I feel like we will be able in "disadvantage" with non steam versions.
I haven't been able to download the beta versions neither. What can we do?
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:40 pm

I went ahead and reset my steam construct back to non opt in and deleted it. When it was reinstalled it installed version 114 which was expected.

I then went into the properties and set it up for beta opt in and it was immediately changed to needs update and after doing that it was version 117.

This was both with the "Construct Free" version on the steam store as well as the "Construct Personal" version you get from Scirra.

B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:56 am

If we bought construct 2 on steam, we will only get v114?
How can we update to the newest version?

Thanks in advance

sammyconstruct2013-02-02 02:04:04
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:19 am

[QUOTE=wrongtarget] I'm already regretting to've bought this on Steam. Should've thought this through.
I feel like we will be able in "disadvantage" with non steam versions.
I haven't been able to download the beta versions neither. What can we do?[/QUOTE]

Why should we regret?

Scirra should ensure the steam copy is the newest one too.
If Scirra intends to sell old copy on steam, it's not fair for steam users. It's not logical to write a blog to inform people they can buy on steam and finally get wrong version, just for little discount.

One more question:
Do we get normal version and steam version too,if we buy on steam ?
sammyconstruct2013-02-02 02:22:28
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General