C2 Search Feature Requests

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • HI, I've been using this wonderful product for only about 5 months now. Here is one feature I would LOVE to see.

The problem I have with the current "Search" function in Construct 2 is how it doesn't allow me to right-click on an any event in the filtered search to select an option from the drop-down list to take me back to my regular, non-filtered view, but AT THE LOCATION of the event I click on. Instead, when I click on "clear search", it takes me to the TOP of the event sheet and I have to find my way back to where I was before the search. Even if it just took me back to where I was before the search I'd be happy.

Oh, and maybe add an "Event Sheet" tab to the Projects window that opens an Event Sheet Properties window, that shows all the Groups, in order of appearance, that you can click on to go to that section of the current Sheet.

What do you think???

• I put in a request like this a while back. It was mostly ignored...

I work with lots of events, so I like to use the search feature. I would also like to be able to go to that event back in normal view without having to scroll back down.

Here was my thread:

• DrewMelton: You got a couple answers to your request, that's not what I would call "being ignored".

Or maybe you are referring to the fact that it's not a feature that made it yet into C2 ? Well, you posted it about a month ago.

You likely don't know it, but Ashley does prioritize features that makes it in new versions. And I wouldn't be surprised if this feature is not highly prioritized.

It would be a nice usage improvement, sure, but it's not critical at the moment. You can still use C2 efficiently "despite" the lack of that feature.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • DrewMelton: You got a couple answers to your request, that's not what I would call "being ignored".

Or maybe you are referring to the fact that it's not a feature that made it yet into C2 ? Well, you posted it about a month ago.

You likely don't know it, but Ashley does prioritize features that makes it in new versions. And I wouldn't be surprised if this feature is not highly prioritized.

It would be a nice usage improvement, sure, but it's not critical at the moment. You can still use C2 efficiently "despite" the lack of that feature.

Well, to be fair only one of the replies actually agreed, and then he said that it had been discussed before and was not very popular.

This is the second time I've seen a thread pop up about this subject since I put in the request. I just have no way of knowing if this is something that is possible to implement or if it's actively being worked on.

If it's being worked on already, I don't want to keep bringing up it up and sounding impatient. Of course, by the sounds of it, this is something that is brought up every now and then by different users.

• In the other forum post, GenkiGenga said: "Using the search function how it is, is cumbersome. It doesn't show sub-events so (if you use them) you cant rely on making changes without first clearing the search and then scrolling the mouse wheel like a mad man because when you have a lot of events on one sheet you cant use the bar on the side because it moves too fast.

Also, having everything separated into different event sheets is good, but if your searching for something and you don't remember where it is, it means you have to search multiple event sheets which makes it even more tedious."

These are some great points in favor for this improvement. I was trying to decide if it would be better to split my event sheet in to multiple sheets, but for this reason I decided not to. I wouldn't think it could be too hard to at least have it go back to where you were before you hit the search button when you're done with the search. But then again, maybe it is. It is a pretty complex program, as far as I can tell...and I love that.

• Yeah, it would be nice.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)