C2: Site or Steam?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:51 am

[QUOTE=Enzan]

Are you able to use the Beta version if you wanted to? I'm not sure how that would work with Steam.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can use the beta versions, you have to enable the beta participate with steam - which will install steam beta version (comes with bugs). Then you can enable construct 2 beta.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:56 am

Well, I did buy a version on Steam. It was 75% cheaper for me, considering the conversion of dollar to real.

And honestly? It works absolutely fine. Contrary to what was said here, you CAN open more then one instance of the program at a time and you CAN run it even offline (that's why Steam has a offline mode).

I haven't tried yet because I don't need it, but I'm pretty sure you can put steam + construct 2 in a pen drive. But I'm not sure.

No crashes, no lag, nothing. If you use Steam already and Steam hasn't caused any problems in your computer, I would recommend buying in Steam. I honestly think they offer a good software and you should not be afraid.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:07 am

I bought it on Steam and I do have issues with crashes etc. It's better now than it was, but I kind of wish I had purchased it directly as a standalone application.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:22 pm

Try the free version on Steam and see if that runs OK for you.

Try open more than one instance at a time, running offline and on a pen drive. You can try it with the free version there.

If there are no crashes/issues, then upgrade it.
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General