C2 Startup Bug

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

____ A concise description of your problem here ____

Get this error when starting C2 (retry option does get me into C2)

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

ACE table: Expression ID duplicated in ACE table

Condition: exp_ids.find(id) == exp_ids.end()

File: c:\c2\source\exporters\html5\..\..\common\ERAHelpers.h

Line: 269

Function: void __cdecl era::ACETable::AddExpression(int,int,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,void (__cdecl *)(const class era::StaticResult **,int,class era::StaticEvaluation *))

Build: release 215 (64-bit) checked

Component: HTML5 exporter

(Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort Retry Ignore

Operating System and Service Pack

windows 7 service pack 1

Construct 2 Version ID

latest

• This is usually caused when making plugins, every plugin needs a unique id for each of it's ace's in edittime.js.

Have you made/modified any plugins? Installed any plugins lately?

• Modified or made no.

Installed new also no.

Its been silent recently on the new plugin forum of scirra.

Got this message when going from latest stable into current beta 215.

But it did a revert from 214 to 212.2 about 2 weeks ago

• Have you tested a fully vanilla installation?

When uninstalling an old version of C2, any addons you may have added over time are not removed, so when installing a new version of C2, an ID clash like this could occur. Also, old addons can loiter in the %appdata%\Construct2\plugins folder.

Maybe try moving or deleting the remnants of the previous C2 installation folder before installing the newer version.

• zenox98

Do u mean old addons as in "scirra" official addons?

Because i dont see why i would want to delete any addons i use?

Before i do this vanilla installation i would like to be sure of what u are saying

• He means to remove all the third party addons at least temporarily. C2 should run without the error at that point.

Something you could try is remove different third party addons by trial and error until the error goes away. At that point you'll have narrowed down which plugin is causing the error.

To fix it look in that plugin's edittime.js and look for lines that start with:

AddExpression( ...

The first number after that is an id, if any of those lines have the same Id one needs to be changed.

Anyway that's all a bit tedious. Tomorrow I'll see if I can make something up to scan all your plugins and just tell you which is broke.

• How did you revert? Did you choose to uninstall previous installations of C2 when reverting? This is probably caused by having 2 of the same plugin/behaviors on the same folder. I'm think that when you reverted or installed the most recent C2 you didn't pick the option to uninstall previous versions.

• Wow R0J0hound

Thank u for the explanation, learned some there!

And that scanner would be a very handy tool.

andreyin

I reverted using this guideline.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/442/how-to-revert-your-project-to-an-earlier-version-of-construct-2/revisions/1962

I always choose to uninstall previous versions, so that wont be it.

• Eh, a making a tool is proving to be more trouble than it's worth.

A search for this bug has every time been closed as a problem with a third party addon:

These two topics found solutions:

Just remove the plugins in

%appdata%\Construct2\plugins

like zenox98 suggests to see if one of those plugins were causing it. If that doesn't work, also remove the third party plugins/behaviors from you C2 install folder. You can always re-install the plugins afterwards and hopefully the authors have fixed it, if not request a fix in their topics.

Also now that I think about it changing the id's in edittime.js yourself isn't ideal because it will break projects that use that plugin.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Proton I think triggered this error a little while back, they have updated it since. Might be good idea to update 3rd party plugins too.

But best to find the culprit.

• Thank u all for helping!

This weekend im going going to hunt down the broken plugin.

Great support guys!!

• This problem is always caused by third party plugins. Closing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)