[C2] Suggestion: Audio Condition

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Hello, Dcrew here!

I would be so happy and greatful if you could add the audio condition: Check if Specific Audio is Playing; this "(tag name)"

To check if a specific audio is playing, and one to check if a Specific audio is playing under a Specific Tag!

• Has this been taken into account? Because this is a must-have.. well at least in the games I would like to make.

• Can't you just make so whenever an audio is playing, it changes a variable to the tag name (or to anything)?

Then you can check the variable to see which audio is playing?

• Can't you just make so whenever an audio is playing, it changes a variable to the tag name (or to anything)?

Then you can check the variable to see which audio is playing?

That isn't the point, I knew I could just do that, But this would improve C2 and make it much better, and even if I did do that.. how would I determine when the sound has stopped? Think (???)?

And when a sound stops itself or doesn't play when called (for some unknown reason), I'd have an event (if this was added) like so:

• If 'music1' is Playing [Inverted] (If 'music1' is not Playing)

+ Then play 'musicconditionswillhelp.ogg' with tag 'music1'

• Audio support in browsers is a mess.

Even if I agree this option would be nice, it's likely that the HTML5 implementation itself can't allow for it.

In this condition andreyin's solution is the way to go.

And for the cases of wild stopping or no playing for w/e reason, I'm not sure this could raise an event either (still because of the implementation of audio in browsers).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Audio support in browsers is a mess.

Even if I agree this option would be nice, it's likely that the HTML5 implementation itself can't allow for it.

In this condition andreyin's solution is the way to go.

And for the cases of wild stopping or no playing for w/e reason, I'm not sure this could raise an event either (still because of the implementation of audio in browsers).

Oh (speechless conception o.o), You think it'll be supported in the near future? (I hope so)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)