C2 Templates

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Are we allowed to edit and publish the templates (Platformer, Top-down shooter etc) with full rights?

Also, I wanted to try uploading a game to my site / Kongregate but neither worked, the exported Konregate project shows blackscreen, any ideas how I could fix this?

@EDIT
Got it working on my site, no idea what to do about Kongregate though. Am I uploading it wrong? Should I just upload the index.html of the project and that's it?
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:18 pm

@nothyn I think that you are allowed if you have the full version, Im not sure about the free version i only had it for a few hours before i bought this gem of an engine. Hope you find a resolve.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Yeah, I've had it for 1 day and I'm already thinking of buying the license, haha. Will most likely do within a few days.
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:51 pm

@nothyn lol yes! Also welcome to the C2 community! Buying this engine will be a great step in the right direction if you want to make games.
IMHO i think Scirra has mastered the art of visual coding when it comes to the logic , No engine offers this kind of usability with this much horsepower behind it.
The templates are all made to help you learn the logic behind C2 so as long as you are using different sprites/art you should be just fine when it comes to using them for profit.
Its nice to talk to ya, good luck with your project!!
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:51 pm

I bought C2 on a gut feeling hours after testing the free version, two years ago and I have no remorse what so ever! Welcome to the C2 community!
My game Petrolhead Tactics is now on Steam Greenlight. I could not have done this without C2 ? Please rate, if you like!

Steam client already open: petrolheadtactics.com/steam
Web: petrolheadtactics.com/greenlight
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:21 pm

is-scirra-s-quot-space-blaster-quot-open-source_t106954

might be related to the OP question, even though it was kind of biaised I woukd think.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas