C2 UI Tabs - Is it just me or are the new ones in 193 AWFUL

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Check out the differences:

I want to hit my head against the wall... the new ones, although sleek, really blend into the background, and lose functionability. If anything, what should have happened, is all event sheets be lined green, and all the layout sheets be solid green.... at the most! For them to lose color completely, really makes it difficult to quickly determine which one you were working on when they have for example, the same names.

"Purple is the event sheet for the one I'm working on.... Pink is the one I'm going to"

For example is how it used to work.... NOW I have to remember positions, which can change at times... and when you see two with the same name, like in the example, you end up clicking into the wrong tab many times.

Kill me.

• If I'm not mistaken these are the tabs that come with the visual style you have chosen - previously they were always the base one, ignoring the style or something like that, so that was considered a bug and fixed in r193: "Editor should be better at remembering the selected theme's tab style after restarting"

Or perhaps this is a side effect of that fix.

• If I'm not mistaken these are the tabs that come with the visual style you have chosen - previously they were always the base one, ignoring the style or something like that, so that was considered a bug and fixed in r193: "Editor should be better at remembering the selected theme's tab style after restarting"

Or perhaps this is a side effect of that fix.

I've never changed the tab style, theme, or anything in C2. It always installed by default on every machine I've installed it on with the colored tabs. NOW when I install, even on a fresh machine, or one that has always had color, it does these crumby grey ones... and I can't revert to anything else unless I go back to 192... which I'm considering now... I've tried every different "color theme" and that only seems to change the colors of the event sheets.... not the actual tabs. Workflow is being crippled because of this... quite a shame. I'm used to ALT+1, ALT+2, etc to switch between tabs in other programs, but because that feature does not exist in C2, I was forced to get used to colors.... now with those gone, I have absolutely nothing.

• I meant styles - I never use them so don't pay attention to what they are called:

[attachment=0:4h925mrv][/attachment:4h925mrv]

You could try changing these around and see if you get the nice tabs back (the choice shown sure has them).

• Somebody hehe man you beat me to it with the screenshot...

Nitro187 The style with the colored tabs is the office 2003 one.

I hope that helps a bit.

• I meant styles - I never use them so don't pay attention to what they are called:

[attachment=0:1s9u15f4][/attachment:1s9u15f4]

You could try changing these around and see if you get the nice tabs back (the choice shown sure has them).

Touche... they're there. Why the default changed is beyond me... but glad to see them there. Thanks buddy.

• Glad to bring some color into your world

• C2 used to force the colored tabs for every theme, but someone filed a bug asking to let C2 leave the tabs as the theme style, so I changed it. Which theme are you using? It shouldn't affect them all (notably the default 'Office 2010 silver' should still have colored tabs)

• Btw, Ashley, is there any way to create new styles? I wouldn't mind trying my hand at making a smooth darker theme.

• I quite like them... Each to their own I guess!

• I find the colored tabs kind of confusing, as the colors are arbitrary. It would be awesome to be able to specify what color tab would represent a particular layout or event sheet.

• I agree, this would be a wonderful add to the next build perhapes? The possibility to custom color tabs by Event sheet / Layout sheet / Cusom color sheet.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I agree, this would be a wonderful add to the next build perhapes? The possibility to custom color tabs by Event sheet / Layout sheet / Cusom color sheet.

Nevermind. I didn't notice there was a paga one of this thread.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)