C3 Jam - [Concluded]

Post » Wed May 17, 2017 8:02 am

I'm in, started a little idea today, will try make it in time.
First Game Jam for me so not sure what to expect etc but yeah. Same as TunePunk I can get distracted and lazy, so will see :D
B
28
S
7
G
4
Posts: 204
Reputation: 4,863

Post » Wed May 17, 2017 3:59 pm

JenosaidoZombie wrote:Hi, this will be my first game jam and just had a question. One of the rules states "Your game must not contain unlicensed audio / music." Does this mean I can use any music I want? I know that doesn't sound right so I was just looking for some clarification.


This means the creator of any audio or music must have given you express permission to use their content. This could mean you paid for it for use in a project and to distribute it. No, buying a track on amazon or itunes doesn't count--that is a playback license, not a distribution or creative use license. This could also mean you got it from a free asset site that explicitly states you may use that content as part of your project. It could also mean you created all of your own audio assets.

So this means don't steal other people's work and represent it as your own unless they told you you could or that you could use it and give them proper credit. :D
B
103
S
38
G
19
Posts: 962
Reputation: 17,996

Post » Wed May 17, 2017 5:57 pm

C-7 wrote:
JenosaidoZombie wrote:Hi, this will be my first game jam and just had a question. One of the rules states "Your game must not contain unlicensed audio / music." Does this mean I can use any music I want? I know that doesn't sound right so I was just looking for some clarification.


This means the creator of any audio or music must have given you express permission to use their content. This could mean you paid for it for use in a project and to distribute it. No, buying a track on amazon or itunes doesn't count--that is a playback license, not a distribution or creative use license. This could also mean you got it from a free asset site that explicitly states you may use that content as part of your project. It could also mean you created all of your own audio assets.

So this means don't steal other people's work and represent it as your own unless they told you you could or that you could use it and give them proper credit. :D


Thank you for the info! I
B
8
S
2
G
2
Posts: 6
Reputation: 1,533

Post » Sat May 20, 2017 11:42 pm

Hello team, the access to the full features of construt3 for newgrounds game jam are already exhausted? Can not you use the gamejam theme any more now?
B
30
S
9
G
3
Posts: 280
Reputation: 4,212

Post » Sun May 21, 2017 2:53 am

sielxm3d wrote:Hello team, the access to the full features of construt3 for newgrounds game jam are already exhausted? Can not you use the gamejam theme any more now?


C3 says May 27th on startup. One more week!

EDIT - For clarification, it's going on through the 28th.
Last edited by C-7 on Sun May 28, 2017 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
103
S
38
G
19
Posts: 962
Reputation: 17,996

Post » Sun May 28, 2017 4:12 am

Image

Here's my submission:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694086

It's a tiny RPG with Peggle mechanics. Hope you like it! :D
B
19
S
5
Posts: 80
Reputation: 1,383

Post » Sun May 28, 2017 5:09 am

narFsnw wrote:
Here's my submission:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694086

It's a tiny RPG with Peggle mechanics. Hope you like it! :D


Nice job! I look forward to checking it out at the end of the jam! (Still gotta work on my own entry!)
B
103
S
38
G
19
Posts: 962
Reputation: 17,996

Post » Sun May 28, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi, I submitted a game after spending the past 10 days making it.

But it got unsubmitted and I cant resubmit.

I have msged newgrounds asking why as they did not give me a reason.

Can I get an extension as my game is fully completed and I really want to join the jam, all my effort :(
B
9
S
1
Posts: 1
Reputation: 427

Post » Sun May 28, 2017 7:35 pm

Message: mikesnorth can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Just submitted out game for the jam to newgrounds!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694138

Check it out!

Best of luck to everybody! I'll be playing all of your games over the new few days!
B
5
Posts: 4
Reputation: 233

Post » Sun May 28, 2017 7:55 pm

Yeay done, like last minute/second. Also underwaterSALAD

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/6 ... 1496000614
B
37
S
6
G
1
Posts: 301
Reputation: 2,865

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sachos345 and 1 guest