C3 low performance

Post » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:22 pm

I have a project in C2 + Intel XDK working perfectly on my android (Samsung J5)... then, exporting with C3 the project is with low performance, freezing... any idea????
B
8
S
1
Posts: 14
Reputation: 428

Post » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:44 pm

Message: Ultimadark can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Have you tried putting the game on a web server and then running it on your phones web browser? I've also had performance problems with the Cordova export but my game runs fine when running it through Chrome on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo), check my thread here: viewtopic.php?t=191976
B
10
S
1
Posts: 13
Reputation: 481

Post » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:21 am

@Ultimadark Does remote preview work on whatever you are previewing with? Which CPU GPU is being utilized, the one where you are running the editor from or where you are opening the previewer?

I'm trying to imagine what the performance limits are on mobile and since I can't export to iOS right now on C3, remote preview could be a temporary workaround.
B
37
S
6
G
1
Posts: 301
Reputation: 2,865

Post » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:34 am

damjancd wrote:@Ultimadark Does remote preview work on whatever you are previewing with? Which CPU GPU is being utilized, the one where you are running the editor from or where you are opening the previewer?

I'm trying to imagine what the performance limits are on mobile and since I can't export to iOS right now on C3, remote preview could be a temporary workaround.


Remote preview utilizes the CPU/GPU on the device running the preview, not the device running the editor, so this is a way to try the performance of a C3 game on mobile.

What I was asking OP about was if he has exported his game to HTML (which is available in the free version of C3 as well) and then uploaded his game to a web server. This way you can run a game on the browser on a mobile device as well, though you need access to a web server which not everyone does.
B
10
S
1
Posts: 13
Reputation: 481

Post » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:50 am

1-use lastest cordova Cli for android + crosswalk (because intel xdk is using old crosswalk)
2-there is a tweak to modify on the config.xml or additions.xml files so you enable force gpu blacklist
B
45
S
16
G
8
Posts: 792
Reputation: 8,306

Post » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:05 pm

matrixreal wrote:1-use lastest cordova Cli for android + crosswalk (because intel xdk is using old crosswalk)
2-there is a tweak to modify on the config.xml or additions.xml files so you enable force gpu blacklist


Would you explain how to use the cordova CLI with the C3 file?
B
8
S
1
Posts: 14
Reputation: 428

Post » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:07 am

matrixreal wrote:1-use lastest cordova Cli for android + crosswalk (because intel xdk is using old crosswalk)
2-there is a tweak to modify on the config.xml or additions.xml files so you enable force gpu blacklist


Hi, can you say is the tweak is to modify config.xml ?
Creator of MiniDayZ
B
22
S
2
G
2
Posts: 75
Reputation: 1,858

Post » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:33 am

Farsight wrote:
matrixreal wrote:1-use lastest cordova Cli for android + crosswalk (because intel xdk is using old crosswalk)
2-there is a tweak to modify on the config.xml or additions.xml files so you enable force gpu blacklist


Hi, can you say is the tweak is to modify config.xml ?


<preference name="CrosswalkAnimatable" value="false" />
<preference name="xwalkCommandLine" value="--ignore-gpu-blacklist --disable-pull-to-refresh-effect "/>

in your config.xml
B
45
S
16
G
8
Posts: 792
Reputation: 8,306


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests