C3 New Runtime and unnofficial addons

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • When I try to use the new runtime , I get a message that prevents me from continuing because I am using two unofficial addons: Litetween and MoveTo...

These two extensions seem to me to be indispensable for the use of C3 in any kind of project, so my question is if I will be able to use the new C3 runtime with these addons in the future. Thanks.

• See our latest blog post: we plan to work on the addon SDK for the C3 runtime soon.

• Does that mean that all existing C3 3rd party add-ons have to be adapted to the new runtime? No backwards compatibility?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Really wish it had some kind of auto converter, its bad enough getting ports from c2 to c3 now its c3 again.

• C'mon guys. It's a first alpha of C3 runtime. Give it some time to grow.

• Yes, third-party addons will need to be ported to the new C3 runtime. I'm afraid it's completely different - there are pretty much no lines of code that are the same - as it's been a total ground-up rewrite. This rules out automated conversion.

• I think it’s a good thing you decided to do this early for exactly this reason.

Are there any plans to maybe add additional addons or improved ones from Devs now leaving plugins abandonware?

Scirra version of Move To and Pin To for instance. Just improving the “stock” addons could go a long way in some cases.

• I think it’s a good thing you decided to do this early for exactly this reason.

Are there any plans to maybe add additional addons or improved ones from Devs now leaving plugins abandonware?

Scirra version of Move To and Pin To for instance. Just improving the “stock” addons could go a long way in some cases.

Totally agree. Adopting some widely used abandoned plugins or improving on stock plugins would be mcuh appreciated. Those two you mentioned, Pin To and Move To are very important.

• The MoveTo and LiteTween extensions are a fundamental tool for working decently with Construct 3.

As a serious developer with a project at an advanced stage, I think it would be best to make the addons compatible with the new runtime, as it would take a lot of time and effort to replace them with a new extension that does the same.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who comes across this problem, and I think we as customers deserve these basic and fundamental tools like MoveTo, LiteTween and Pin To.

• on the other hand moveTo and tweening can be done with a couple of events. It's always better to use events and avoid potential problmes unless we are talking about a plugin that saves you a lot of time.

Even scroll to or pin, sure I use them sometimes, but I can do the same with events in about 2 minutes.

• BadMario can you point me to a simple tutorial using events to replace MoveTo? Or do you have a sample capx you could share?

Last I tried, replacing MoveTo with just standard events took way more time than just using the plugin that works really well and is super easy. But agreed, I'd like to avoid using unofficial plugins whenever possible.

• on the other hand moveTo and tweening can be done with a couple of events. It's always better to use events and avoid potential problmes unless we are talking about a plugin that saves you a lot of time.

Even scroll to or pin, sure I use them sometimes, but I can do the same with events in about 2 minutes.

What are you talking about, better to use events than plugins?

all events are based on plugins, official or not.. (ok, you have the few System events which are kinda built in)

I would love to see how you can replicate LiteTween functionality with a "couple of events"..

These plugins are very popular for a reason. And if Scirra is not planning to include them into C3 by default, they should at least assist with rewriting them for the new runtime.

• Maybe some of the things in litetween require more events. I don't know. I guess I should clarify and say I never use any 3rd party plugins since Construct refers to everything as a plugin.

[quote:1d4t2531]I would love to see how you can replicate LiteTween functionality with a "couple of events

I usually do not think about these things in advance or in a vacuum. If my object needs to do something then I just figure out how to do it. The fact that I have never used litetween and still managed to duplicate tweening ( using events/actions ) I used to code when working in Flash tells me I probably don't need it.

I am sure it's useful, but figuring out how to do simpler stuff on your own is never a bad thing either.

And when/if I finally move from Construct 2 to 3 I don't need to worry about any of these compatibility issues.

• The MoveTo and LiteTween extensions are a fundamental tool for working decently with Construct 3.

As a serious developer with a project at an advanced stage, I think it would be best to make the addons compatible with the new runtime, as it would take a lot of time and effort to replace them with a new extension that does the same.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who comes across this problem, and I think we as customers deserve these basic and fundamental tools like MoveTo, LiteTween and Pin To.

+1

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)