C3 not ready

Post » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:54 pm

You answered after I added, basically my answer to that.

Nothing wrong with your browser version approach, but like I said above. Stable windows version ( standalone ) first, then a browser version that would cover people using macs, etc.... makes more sense to me.

Code: Select all
So then do you only blame Apple when Apple break their OS, but blame us when Apple break their browser?

Not at all what I said. I blame them in both cases, but you at least double your chances of things going wrong by taking the browser app approach.
Last edited by BadMario on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:56 pm

BadMario wrote:Nothing wrong with your browser version approach, but like I said above. Stable windows version ( standalone ) first, then a browser version that would cover people using macs, etc.... makes more sense to me.

So... because of a bug in a browser that isn't supported at all on Windows... you think we should have made a Windows app first?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:00 pm

I think you need a nap. That is not at all what I am saying.

Given that 95% of your customers are on Windows it makes sense to concentrate on making sure you have a stable standalone on Windows.
After that is done do whatever you want with browsers and other OS.

You still cover everything just as you have now, but it would be Windows version first, then the rest ( and I am sure that is what almost everybody here wanted anyway ).

So... because of a bug in a browser that isn't supported at all on Windows... you think we should have made a Windows app first?

No, but one day it will be a bug by Google and it will take down all of your customers who regularly update their Chrome browsers without thinking.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:07 pm

BadMario wrote:I think you need a nap. That is not at all what I am saying.

Given that 95% of your customers are on Windows it makes sense to concentrate on making sure you have a stable standalone on Windows.
After that is done do whatever you want with browsers and other OS.

You still cover everything just as you have now, but it would be Windows version first, then the rest ( and I am sure that is what almost everybody here wanted anyway ).

No, but one day it will be a bug by Google and it will take down all of your customers who regularly update their Chrome browsers without thinking.

You knew that you bought a web based tool before you paid. And it is covered in tons of threads, so quit this complaining now.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:07 pm

First you blamed us for relying on Apple with software that runs in Safari, then you suggested making a Windows app and leaving macOS users using Safari, which would not actually solve the original problem that you blamed us for. So even if we do what you suggest, you can continue to blame us in the way you previously did. Therefore I think your only intent is to go round blaming us for anything you can. On that basis, I'm closing this thread.

@zumwaltwood - apologies for closing your thread but we are continuing investigation on the bug tracker here: https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1493
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to General Discussion