[C3][Plugin] AirConsole

0 favourites
  • Helloooo!

AirConsole is back for Construct3! Create games and use your smartphones as controllers wit AirConsole!

Visit the official website and play many great games for free: http://www.airconsole.com

Our repository for Construct3 has many great things worth a look at!

• Construct3 plugin
    • Construct2 to Construct3 porting plugin
    • Full documentation on aces
    • A game exemple, that can be tested on AirConsole
    • A guide to make your own pong game while learning how to use the plugin
    • A bug reporter for fast fixing

https://github.com/AirConsole/airconsole-construct3

• This is great news!

X3M

It would be awesome if we could get the AirConsoleController plugin on C3 as well.

I've been busy making C2 game templates to integrate the two for generic controllers (joystick, 8-direction, buttons), and would be happy to post them here when ready.

• cjbruce I will but we will have to wait till the SDK is complete because I will need the drawing functions.

• This is great news!

• bro is there any advance in this?

• I'm wondering if we can't do a version of the controller plugin as well. There isn't really a need for the drawing functions if you don't try to use HTML elements.

• bro is there any advance in this?

Where do you think I'm your bro, dude....

With all the fuss this topic did not generate, adding the fact that I totally hate C3 and said I will never buy it for known reasons, we have totally moved away from Construct products for our next planned games. We are finishing up the current one and we'll disappear from here. Will check with AirConsole what they think and if someone's gonna do it. If not, I'll do a quick portage and the rest will be left open to merge requests on Github

• With all the fuss this topic did not generate, adding the fact that I totally hate C3 and said I will never buy it for known reasons, we have totally moved away from Construct products for our next planned games. We are finishing up the current one and we'll disappear from here. Will check with AirConsole what they think and if someone's gonna do it. If not, I'll do a quick portage and the rest will be left open to merge requests on Github

Thank you for the work on the AirConsole plugins. The new plugin is much cleaner than the original,

Your contributions will be missed, and I am sorry to see you go.

• cjbruce

Thank you for your kind words. As a good news, I'll build the C3 plugin in the coming weeks

• cjbruce

Thank you for your kind words. As a good news, I'll build the C3 plugin in the coming weeks

You are welcome!

I'm looking forward to the C3 plugin -- thank you thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • To tease or not to tease...

• Ok, first working state. This is still subject to changes, at least in the C3 plugin. The backward compatibility plugin is completly working and should not change in it's content. This is not an automatic portage and has been rewritten from scratch, which made me discover bugs in the C2 version (already updated in 1.7.0.9)

This is an early beta version of the plugin, take it at your own risks! I did create a pong exemple from scratch and it worked fine on AirConsole emulator. I did import the C2 pong exemple in C3 and tried it on the emulator and it worked fine too, so the risks are calculated.

https://github.com/Psychokiller1888/c3airconsole

Please report any problems you might discover directly on github: https://github.com/Psychokiller1888/c3airconsole/issues

This plugin is not yet officially supported by AirConsole but should be its property by mid august

Documentation will follow, once the plugin is stable and finished.

If you win the AirConsole 2017 dev contest using this plugin, please PM me for my Paypal details loool

• You officially rock!

Is there any chance that you could add a "isController" property so that we could use it for controllers as well? Isn't the API pretty similar between the two?

I would be willing to contribute half of my Airconsole earnings (about $20) - the rest is reserved for

• Sure I can! You want a plugin property to choose if it's a "screen" or a "controller"? Controllers and screens call the same api

• cjbruce

Ok, added a "Is controller" property, a condition and an expression for it. Also fixed the max players property. Let me know if that's not what you wanted

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)