Calculate angle and set impulse

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A whole set you need to create a gorgeous winter 2d game
  • Hey Guys, so the first Game is finished successfully and now i wanna make a new one.

I have decided to create something like an air hockey, there are several games iOS available.

Now i stuck the collision. I dont know how to give the Puck (Ball) a permanent Speed and calculate the angle the collision between Puck and the "Racket".

I wanna create a physics like in Billiard / Snooker.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have a feeling that Physics should do this automatically - you just have to turn down the friction of your puck, and find a way to control the racket. Make sure the collision masks are circular.

• Hey thanks for the reply,

my Problem is to move the Puck automatically when I press the GameStart Button into a direction. The puck stuck at one place.

Collision works good with circle mask [thx :)] but i only found one solution to move the puck (Move Forward).

I expect that if i get a constant Speed to the puck the move Forward Problem will be solved.

• You should be able to to 'apply impulse at angle' to get the puck moving in whichever direction you'd like (or a random one).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)