Camera between 2 obejcts and racing AI

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi guys, i am making a racing game and because it has 2 players mode, i need a camera that keep both in view, but i cant do it. (alredy tried some things that i found here, but none of them workded.
Also, i need a "AI" for the PC controled car.

Here is the link: for the capx
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4nw653yc4677ou/MiniCrazyRacers.capx
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:37 pm

First error:
Window Size is the size of the screen (how much can you see on screen)
Layout Size is the size of the level.

Add the behavior Scroll to to the objects you want the camera to focus between them.

There are different implementations for the enemy car AI, but the most logical and simple one is that the enemy car should follow a specific track/route. The behavior Pathfinding should come in handy here.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:51 pm

I made window size the size of layout because while i didnt had the camera, i wanted the game to be playable.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:56 pm

[QUOTE=TGeorgeMihai] First error:
Window Size is the size of the screen (how much can you see on screen)
Layout Size is the size of the level.

Add the behavior Scroll to to the objects you want the camera to focus between them.

There are different implementations for the enemy car AI, but the most logical and simple one is that the enemy car should follow a specific track/route. The behavior Pathfinding should come in handy here.[/QUOTE]
I alredy tried pathfinding, coulnd make it work.
Is there a way to make the camera zoom out if the players(cars) get too far from each other?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:16 am

B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:33 am

Thanks. Done (almost perfect).
Now I am having problem when exporting. If i export to exe (and HTML when opened with Firefox) 2 things stop working, one of the back buttons and the OK (in the stage selector). When i open with Chrome, it bug in the menu screen, it doesnt leave.
Here is the new version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vjv1kgbmd73uht/MiniCrazyRacersV2.capx
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?