Camera goes haywire when character switch form.

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
The ultimate voice pack filled with 1,536 files of .......wav and mp3 of individual numbers, letters, and words (that go
  • Hi, I'm working on a game that involve transformation. This is one of the issue I faced.

In Level 1. When the character transformed from human to fox. The camera just went all the way downwards. I tested out disabling/enabling [Scroll-To] on human/fox when transform but it does nothing.

I got this issue ever since I fixed the glitch of the character fly all over the screen when transforming. I fixed it by disabling and enabling collision of each form.

Game File:

mediafire.com

• How are you following the character? System -> scroll to object?

Are the different versions of your character the same object just with different animation? Or are you suing two different sprites for each form?

~Sol

• Versanthus, I did a small correction in your events, I added a bookmark in the section

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B27TG57JCwl_XzdEUWZNNEN2UXM/view

I think you often duplicate items as new entities instead of instances of the same object which might be causing problems.

Hope it can help you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Versanthus, I did a small correction in your events, I added a bookmark in the section

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B27TG57JCwl_XzdEUWZNNEN2UXM/view

I think you often duplicate items as new entities instead of instances of the same object which might be causing problems.

Hope it can help you.

Oh thank you but I couldn't access the G.Drive. I have sent a request.

• How are you following the character? System -> scroll to object?

Are the different versions of your character the same object just with different animation? Or are you suing two different sprites for each form?

~Sol

2 different sprite objects.

• And how are you following them?

System->scroll to object?

Are you trying to follow them both at the same time?

~Sol

• And how are you following them?

System->scroll to object?

Are you trying to follow them both at the same time?

~Sol

I don't quite get you but:

-The character transform from Object A to Object B

-Object A player input is disabled, Object B player input is enabled

-Object A become invisible, Object B become visible

-Object A's collision is turned off, Object B's collision is turned on (The collision was causing a lot of glitches)

The camera is suppose to act like a standard platform's scroll to. But enabling/disabling Scroll-To function does nothing to fix it, at least the way I programmed it.

• Should be ok now Versanthus you can download the files

Your problem was maybe due to the fact that you had two sprites for the camera

camera and camera2 but for both the code was different.

• Should be ok now Versanthus you can download the files

Your problem was maybe due to the fact that you had two sprites for the camera

camera and camera2 but for both the code was different.

Much thank you and sorry... I checked the file. It was the same file as the one I posted. Nothing's changed. =(

I sort of understand, at the same time confused.

• I apologize, renamed and uploaded the wrong folder. I updated it with the change.

I tested it in the tutorial level and it was working fine. If you have issues don't hesitate.

• I apologize, renamed and uploaded the wrong folder. I updated it with the change.

I tested it in the tutorial level and it was working fine. If you have issues don't hesitate.

It was actually Level 1 Forest the one with issues.

But thank you, I understand my issues now. I managed to fix it so camera won't go all the way down. Now it's only about coding the camera to move smoothly. Thank you.

• No problem. Artwork is pretty btw. Good luck on your project!

• No problem. Artwork is pretty btw. Good luck on your project!

Thank you. The artworks are done by my friends.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)