Camers following

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:15 pm

I am making a game based in space where these space ships spawn and try to attack you-through kamakazie attacks and its endless.I have the car behavior on the player and the scroll to behavior aswell but I was wondering how I could make the player always be vertical on the screen and never turn left or right,but in the game he's moving.
http://www.lostvectors.com/space_sim/       near the bottomn of the page
this is a quick game,choose the fighter mode to see what I need exactlydoinko1012013-04-10 13:17:56
B

Post » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:35 pm

I don't have construct under my hand at the moment, but somewhere among the behaviours should be a rotate property which you could set to "no". Though I am not sure you have it under car behaviour.

If not, you could make the player sprite invisible, then add another player sprite over it and pin it to invisible one, with only the position pinning set in events. Thus the invisible one drives like the car, behaves like the car, but the visible one you attached on top always faces same direction. Sorry, bad english. I hope it helps.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:02 pm

You may want to use one of the directional behaviors instead of car. Car is for turning and rotating based on direction.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?