Can a plugin access other plugins?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:27 am

:) I had been on this track while I was away from the forums. Thank you for the insight, it's good to know I was heading in the right direction. I've been creating instance variables and then putting the spawn values of whatever I've wanted to modify in them, and since they are relative to the instance it's been working. Would be nice to just be able to modify the size of an instance sprite without having to first pull the width and height of the instance as it's created and assign that to two variables, then use those variables as the relation to what I want the width and height to be, but I'll get over it :)

As an example of what I was trying to accomplish when I started this whole train of thought the other day, here is a test/model:
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D743182_344420_8627095
Enter loads the gun, space fires it.

Here I wanted steam to be created during the canister ejection, like it was depressurizing. Which meant creating a "particle" like effect. After I started it I realized that each "particle" was being affected the same, which led me to this forum post. Now, as you can see if you run it, when the canister is ejected each particle acts on it's own. Looking over the events that make that possible it's not as bad as I thought it would be, but if I wanted to copy/past this same set of events to another object I couldn't. I understand families are coming and it'll be interesting to see what that is all about.

I think my lack of knowledge on how javascript works is partly to blame here, and the new way of accomplishing things with C2 vs what I'm used to is the other part. I'm learning though, and hopefully someday I'll be able to help out on the forums here as you both have so graciously helped me.

Thanks again for the time and effort :)
cymrix2011-11-29 02:41:55
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:26 pm

TBH, I haven't read all the posts, I got lost along ^^

At some point you had trouble with picking objects/instances, I don't know if it resolved and if this can be of help, but there is the How do I FAQ in the "How do I" forum and a section "Picking/selecting instance(s)" that leads to topics about those subjects.
The FAQ contains also lot of help about most things about C2 that hit the forum. There are often example capx in said-topics too.

I also advise you to read this blog article about C2's architecture, which is really good to "separate" what's HTML5 and what's C2 when you are coding with it.

I hope I'm just not missing the spot here and those infos might help you.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:29 am

Understandable :), there is a lot of text/gibberish, sorry about that.

I don't think you missed it at all, I appreciate the links. I'll check them out.

I think I have it mostly figured out, at least for what I wanted to do in the beginning. Seems to make a lot more sense after I dig in and understand how C2 will let me do things vs how I want to do them :D Same end result for the most part I think. I'll adapt :) or die trying ;)

Thanks again :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General