Can C2 be seen as an engine?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • I think it is only semantics, but I am curious in comparing. It helps me, for instance, to get more knowledge about C2.

Can C2 be seen as a game engine, just like some games are "powered by Unreal Technology" (using the Unreal engine)?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's highly semantic, but I've always considered the games themselves to be engines, and C2 to be a framework.

C2 is described as an engine almost everywhere though.

• Technically it could be both, but since everything is editor centric ... I think it should be called an that.

• & newt & whatever C2 Was called, we gonna admit it it the most powerful tool (Engine/framework) for making incredible 2D Games without Coding

• I thought it was a framework?

• [quote:1q8csu3p]A game engine is a software framework designed for the creation and development of video games... The core functionality typically provided by a game engine includes a rendering engine (“renderer”) for 2D or 3D graphics, a physics engine or collision detection (and collision response), sound, scripting, animation, artificial intelligence, networking, streaming, memory management, threading, localization support, and a scene graph. The process of game development is often economized, in large part, by reusing/adapting the same game engine to create different games,[1] or to make it easier to "port" games to multiple platforms.

If you trust wikipedia definitions

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)