Can Construct 2 make a match-3 game?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:19 am

Hello,

I'm browsing for a game engine to use to make a Match 3 kind of game, like Candy Crush Saga. Construct 2 looks promising, I'm wondering if it is suited for making a game like this?

Presuming my goal is to build an exact clone of CCS (which it isn't, but the requirements are the same), can Construct 2 do things like neighbor detection, momentum for falling blocks, etc?

Bonus: Is there any open source code showing an example?

If this kind of game can be done, I'll start reading the manual for Construct 2!

Thanks,
- Anthony
B

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:31 am

Of course it can! I don't know about a sample, but I'm guessing with arrays, it could be done.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:33 am

Construct 2 can make any kind of game you can make.
Phase 1: Collect Underpants.
Phase 2: ????
Phase 3: Profit!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:36 am

PadreMontoya wrote:Hello,

I'm browsing for a game engine to use to make a Match 3 kind of game, like Candy Crush Saga. Construct 2 looks promising, I'm wondering if it is suited for making a game like this?

Presuming my goal is to build an exact clone of CCS (which it isn't, but the requirements are the same), can Construct 2 do things like neighbor detection, momentum for falling blocks, etc?

Bonus: Is there any open source code showing an example?

If this kind of game can be done, I'll start reading the manual for Construct 2!

Thanks,
- Anthony

It's pretty much made for games like this. Just put in the learning and the hard work, and you can do it. A quick search of the manual would show you the things you asked about.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?