Can every Construct 2 game run offline ?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • That's a question I was wondering since I guess Construc 2 games are calling external functions. Or maybe I am mistaken....

• Indeed, every C2 game can run offline after being downloaded once.

• As long as it is not using AJAX to contact an external site.

• So it is possible to embed little construct 2 html5 modules in html pages baked all together in a booklike app sold in the app store ?

Which code should I use to embed a construct 2 html5 module in a html page ?

• Laurent

Well, not exactly sure what you mean by "a construct 2 html5 module", but the index.html that's exported by C2 is (of course) a web page that embeds the C2 runtime. Take a look at it. Here are the relevant LOC:

// Start the Construct 2 project running on window load.
    jQuery(document).ready(function ()
    {
      // Create new runtime using the c2canvas
      cr.createRuntime("c2canvas");
    });

• C2 can run offline.

for your book project, i was thinking of doing something similar, but the dilemma i came across is that i have no control when i can load my assets. all artwork and music and sound are loaded at the very start.

this is good for small books with 10 pages, but story books with lots of artwork and 30 pages, this could be overkill for mobile devices.

any thoughts?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • bjadams: Laurent Wouldn't project files do the trick ?

• bjadams - C2 does not load any sound or music on startup at all. It streams music and loads audio on demand.

• Ashley thanks for the clarification.

Kyatric: Project Files seem to be what I was looking for. thanks a lot, I will give my project another thought

• Velojet : Thanks, yes, that what I meant, embending in a html page an index.html generated by Construct 2.

To be perfectly clear, I plan to use 3 tools :

• Tumult Hype (runs on OSX

tumult.com/hype/), a html5 wysiwyg creator to create the html pages that will compose the ebook

Construct 2 to create small animated and interactive module that will be embeded in pages created by Hype. Im may need modules to communicate between them, exchange variables...

Baker Framework (http://bakerframework.com/) to compile the pages and turn the project into a ios app.

And since I'm not really into programmation, I try to understand how I can manage to mix all that together...

• Laurent what is the advantage of using Baker over CoocoonJS for example?

• Baker is specialy designed for books and brochures with special properties likes :

The Baker parameters are:

-baker-background

Background color to be shown before pages are loaded.

-baker-vertical-bounce

Whether a bounce animation should be shown when a vertical scrolling interaction reaches the end of a page. This behavior is usually on in iOS applications, but it might be worth disabling it if the publication does not support vertical scrolling.

-baker-index-height

Height for the index bar. If not specified, the index bar will automatically adapt to the page it contains.

-baker-index-bounce

Whether a bounce animation should be shown when a scrolling interaction reaches the end of the page in the index bar. Contrary to -baker-vertical-bounce, this is usually better left disabled.

-baker-media-autoplay

Whether to automatically start playing media (e.g. audio, video) when a page is loaded.

-baker-background-image-portrait

The path to an image file to be used as background when in portrait mode.

-baker-background-image-landscape

The path to an image file to be used as background when in landscape mode.

-baker-page-numbers-color

Foreground color for the elements (page number, spinner, title) to be shown before pages are loaded.

-baker-page-numbers-alpha

Opacity of the elements (page number, spinner, title) to be shown before pages are loaded.

-baker-vertical-pagination

Whether vertical page scrolling should be paginated. When this property is on, pages can only be scrolled vertically by a fixed amount of pixels (usually a little less than the height of the page).

-baker-rendering

Rendering mode to use for the publication. As a rule of thumb, heavier publications will benefit from the "screenshots" rendering, while highly interactive publications will require the "three-cards" rendering.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)