Can every Construct 2 game run offline ?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:39 pm

@ Velojet : Thanks, yes, that what I meant, embending in a html page an index.html generated by Construct 2.

To be perfectly clear, I plan to use 3 tools :
- Tumult Hype (runs on OSX http://tumult.com/hype/), a html5 wysiwyg creator to create the html pages that will compose the ebook
- Construct 2 to create small animated and interactive module that will be embeded in pages created by Hype. Im may need modules to communicate between them, exchange variables...
- Baker Framework (http://bakerframework.com/) to compile the pages and turn the project into a ios app.

And since I'm not really into programmation, I try to understand how I can manage to mix all that together...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:05 pm

Laurent what is the advantage of using Baker over CoocoonJS for example?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:11 am

Baker is specialy designed for books and brochures with special properties likes :
The Baker parameters are:

-baker-background
    Background color to be shown before pages are loaded.
-baker-vertical-bounce
    Whether a bounce animation should be shown when a vertical scrolling interaction reaches the end of a page. This behavior is usually on in iOS applications, but it might be worth disabling it if the publication does not support vertical scrolling.
-baker-index-height
    Height for the index bar. If not specified, the index bar will automatically adapt to the page it contains.
-baker-index-bounce
    Whether a bounce animation should be shown when a scrolling interaction reaches the end of the page in the index bar. Contrary to -baker-vertical-bounce, this is usually better left disabled.
-baker-media-autoplay
    Whether to automatically start playing media (e.g. audio, video) when a page is loaded.
-baker-background-image-portrait
    The path to an image file to be used as background when in portrait mode.
-baker-background-image-landscape
    The path to an image file to be used as background when in landscape mode.
-baker-page-numbers-color
    Foreground color for the elements (page number, spinner, title) to be shown before pages are loaded.
-baker-page-numbers-alpha
    Opacity of the elements (page number, spinner, title) to be shown before pages are loaded.
-baker-vertical-pagination
    Whether vertical page scrolling should be paginated. When this property is on, pages can only be scrolled vertically by a fixed amount of pixels (usually a little less than the height of the page).
-baker-rendering
    Rendering mode to use for the publication. As a rule of thumb, heavier publications will benefit from the "screenshots" rendering, while highly interactive publications will require the "three-cards" rendering.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General