Can I embed some sort of mouse movement log in my game?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu May 28, 2015 2:09 pm

@gumshoe2029
I saw your message but unfortunatelly scirra only allows me to reply with a certain level of Reputation Points. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you want to know more about the project. Disclaimer, we're in really early stages so there's not much I can give away.

On another note, the data I want to output specifically is X,Y coordinates every, let's say 100milliseconds (or 1/10 of a second), and player score variations across time (just whenever score changes). These are the ones on top of my head, but my team might come up with more later.
Anyway, I'll come back to you guys as soon as I get more in depth into this. Please feel free to contact me on the above email with suggestions on how to solve this.
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:36 pm

Hello guys!

So my game has come a long way.
I managed to get everything that I wanted working and even Mandrill. My one issue now is, how can I save an array to a file that is not downloaded and that can be called with the mandrill plugin?
This is purely for convenience as I can send the data in the email body, but that is messy because then I have to copy paste every single email into a .json file. (that's a pain if I hit thousands of players).

Thanks a lot for your initial boost, @gumshoe2029 and @LittleStain. You guys helped make it possible.
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:04 pm

If you hit thousands of players I guess you could either hire someone to do it for you, or have someone make an update allowing to use an online database..
I guess the succes would warrant that.. :)

I was thinking this would be small-scale research orientated when thinking of the mandril solution..
In that case doing it by hand wouldn't be too much of a hassle..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:52 pm

Yeah, mandrill is good for now, but i'll look into having my workplace server set up to allow this. I figure I could use a system similar to the high score one and that is pretty easy to implement. Anyway, thanks again for everything!
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:16 pm

quendera wrote:Hello guys!

So my game has come a long way.
I managed to get everything that I wanted working and even Mandrill. My one issue now is, how can I save an array to a file that is not downloaded and that can be called with the mandrill plugin?
This is purely for convenience as I can send the data in the email body, but that is messy because then I have to copy paste every single email into a .json file. (that's a pain if I hit thousands of players).

Thanks a lot for your initial boost, @gumshoe2029 and @LittleStain. You guys helped make it possible.

np. Glad to help.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
I don't check the forums much anymore, but I will receive an email for PMs.

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?