Can i exclude a layout from being saved in savegame feature?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 am

Hi everyone,
Please let me know if there is a way to save just like 2/5 layouts in their current states with savegame feature--
in other words is there a nosave feature for layouts too?
please reply ...
thank you
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:16 pm

shubhamrathi9 wrote:Hi everyone,
Please let me know if there is a way to save just like 2/5 layouts in their current states with savegame feature--
in other words is there a nosave feature for layouts too?
please reply ...
thank you

I fear it is impossible but if you try to explain why you would like to do it maybe we find another system that is not "destroying layouts" :lol:
sorry my bad english
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:56 pm

NN81 wrote:I fear it is impossible but if you try to explain why you would like to do it maybe we find another system that is not "destroying layouts" :lol:

Hi @NN81
i am saving the game with save-game feature and then i am sending .json file to a server to save that progress,
since the .json code is pretty large (even when i use no save feature with many objects),it takes a lot of time to send that data,
thus i want to prevent unnecessary layouts from saving and contributing to the code.
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:35 pm

shubhamrathi9 wrote:
NN81 wrote:I fear it is impossible but if you try to explain why you would like to do it maybe we find another system that is not "destroying layouts" :lol:

Hi @NN81
i am saving the game with save-game feature and then i am sending .json file to a server to save that progress,
since the .json code is pretty large (even when i use no save feature with many objects),it takes a lot of time to send that data,
thus i want to prevent unnecessary layouts from saving and contributing to the code.

uhm, ok, I suppose you have already used no-save behavior on ALL possible objects .. I really do not know what else to do :roll: sorry
sorry my bad english
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:13 pm

NN81 wrote:

uhm, ok, I suppose you have already used no-save behavior on ALL possible objects .. I really do not know what else to do :roll: sorry[/quote]
Ok,
anyone else have any idea about this....?
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General