Can I pair one animation frame to multiple animation frames

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:04 pm

Here is the example:
(Disclaimer: I am NOT an artist)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-xiqK ... sp=sharing
Also, note this will only work for 2-way matching. If you have to match 4 or more, the Array object won't work for you.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
I don't check the forums much anymore, but I will receive an email for PMs.

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:03 pm

@KHC

I took Kittiwans' completed tutorial capx for the Memory Match Game and made a few modifications. Check it out and see if this is what you are trying to do!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj72i5ry9or8l ... .capx?dl=0
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:47 pm

@gumshoe2029
Thank you for this example. After looking through it, I have come to realize that I have some studying to do when it comes to arrays. Your example will help me for sure. Thanks for getting this together for me so quickly, you're amazing! :D

@SimoneT
When I saw this, I started laughing like a mad woman. THANK YOU thank you THANK YOU A BILLION TIMES! This is exactly what I was thinking, and you have taught me so much with this! I will be honest, my event sheet looked much different than yours (and not in a good way) hehe :oops: . Ohmaigosh, I am so excited about this. Now... to get to working again (finally)!! Thanks again hun, it is so very much appreciated! :D :D :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:52 pm

@SimoneT
nice simple wordmatch game! thanks for sharing
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:35 am

KHC wrote:@gumshoe2029
Thank you for this example. After looking through it, I have come to realize that I have some studying to do when it comes to arrays. Your example will help me for sure. Thanks for getting this together for me so quickly, you're amazing! :D

No problem.

B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:53 am

So, I hate to do this (I feel like an idiot and I am completely embarrassed :oops: to even ask, but I have tried for DAYS and DAYS and cannot quite get it, AND I am posting in the same forum as my last question so I don't make too many posts)...

I am using the advice that SimoneT had provided (which is what I need). I have more images to use, however, and adding them to the Animation "CardFace" doesn't really help unless I increase my card tableau (right now its at 6x4 and I'd hate to increase it too much more).

So, what I am trying to figure out is simply: when all matches have been made (in CardFace animation), reset sprite and go to CardFace2 animation, and replay, when all matches have been made (in CardFace2 animation), reset sprite and go to CardFace3 animation. etc.

I figured out how to transition to a new layout with the same set up whenever all matches have been made, but I am still stuck with the same animation frames (CardFace).
Using Include Event Sheet doesn't seem so helpful either, as it relates to my Sprite "Card" I guess I could make an event sheet for each sub-level of my level, but I don't have the space in this version, and just cannot get the full version quite yet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I do really feel bad about asking, but I am at a point of giving up... and after spending 6 months drawing my artwork and spending so long learning Construct 2, and finally starting to make my game.. I would not forgive myself if I did give up. I have tried... every day all day for too long. :cry: :|

Thanks again, in advance.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:45 pm

Oh... I was under the impression that you already had a personal license...

You should definitely look at getting a personal license at a minimum. It is well worth it.

B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:21 pm

@KHC
I made a few mods to my capx to allow you to change decks within one layout.

You will note that the animation are sorted by DeckLetters, and I have created an array to store my 3 different decks. The last frame of each deck is the CardBack. Since my game has a 16 card tableau and I didn't want to change to much of my code, I call on the gNumberCards frame, since animation frames are 0 based.

At the end of a deck, I add 1 to DeckLetters and mod(%) it to the width of my Array so that when DeckLetters goes higher than the number of Decks in my Array, it goes back to 0 and start back again. (I might have forgotten to set the width of my array to 3, so make sure to change that).

If you need more help, don't be shy, you can PM me!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oyuzoqonumm8 ... .capx?dl=0
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:26 pm

@SimoneT
You are AMAZING! Thank you so much (again hehe). I appreciate your help more than you could know! I did think about pm'ing you, but I didn't want to be "that girl" -- you know, the creepy one that forum stalks lol. If you don't mind though, I might just do that in the future :) --Not forum stalk.. just pm you ;)

I looked at your CAPX, and it covers my question perfectly. I am going to use this (while going back through and reading through the manual, take my notes, etc... like I am a student all over again) so I can come to a complete understanding of everything that I have learned-and not learned-so far, especially about arrays.

It might be a few days before I post again, since I am studying the manual before proceeding, but I will let you know how things are going! Thank you again, so much. If I could hug you through my computer I would!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:01 pm

@KHC

That's great! Glad it worked out for you. Again, I'll be glad to help if I can on future bumps in the road. Btw, always leave the artwork for the end ;) (it's fun, the best part for me, but sometimes a total waste of energy if your game happens to change direction whilst programming), and make lots of comments or notes about your work (it's easy to get lost in your events). And never be afraid to ask for help!
Till next time,
Happy game designing!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?