Can't get the Advanced Camera Object to scroll

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • http://junk.drule.net/fjalar%200.1.cap

Simply put, anyone know why this won't scroll? I'm using the following events:

On start:

Create camera "Main" at player.X and player.Y and Zoom to 200. Follow.

Camera "Main" follow player

Switch to camera "Main"

Thanks in advance.

• Updated from version 0.8b to 0.9 which seemed to fix it. This was a weird problem as I've successfully made scrolling platformers using version 0.8b before.

As a side note though, anyone knows how to disable the unbound scrolling which seems to be applied by default on this version of the Advanced Camera Plugin?

• Hey Drule, you should update your Advanced Camera once again to version 0.92b if you didn't already. There are margin settings for the follow action which could help with your problem.

• Hey Drule, you should update your Advanced Camera once again to version 0.92b if you didn't already. There are margin settings for the follow action which could help with your problem.

When was version 0.92b released?

I can't seem to find it anywhere here.

Krush.

• As a side note though, anyone knows how to disable the unbound scrolling which seems to be applied by default on this version of the Advanced Camera Plugin?

If you click on the camera object in the object bar while in the layout editor you'll see a "Bind to layout" checkbox in the properties pane on the left. Checking this will disable unbounded scrolling.

When was version 0.92b released?

I can't seem to find it anywhere here.

Here it is.

• If you click on the camera object in the object bar while in the layout editor you'll see a "Bind to layout" checkbox in the properties pane on the left. Checking this will disable unbounded scrolling.

Ah, so that's what "Bind to layout" does...

Good to know!

Although it doesn't seem to take zoom into account. So if it's like in your cap with layout and window the same size, there will still be no place to scroll.

• Here it is.

Damn.

I do have that one.

I was hoping I didn't, so it might fix the non-scrolling problem I was having with it:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4687&hilit=advanced&start=110#p46351

Thanks anyway,

Krush.

• > As a side note though, anyone knows how to disable the unbound scrolling which seems to be applied by default on this version of the Advanced Camera Plugin?

>

If you click on the camera object in the object bar while in the layout editor you'll see a "Bind to layout" checkbox in the properties pane on the left. Checking this will disable unbounded scrolling.

Enabling "bind to layout" once again disables the scrolling. Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing problems with the .cap I provided? For some reason it just won't scroll at 200% zoom unless I unbind the scrolling.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Im getting something like that on rotation with zooming when it gets to 200%.

• Enabling "bind to layout" once again disables the scrolling. Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing problems with the .cap I provided? For some reason it just won't scroll at 200% zoom unless I unbind the scrolling.

As PixelRebirth brought up it's not taking zoom into account for the layout binding. I know how to fix it, but I won't be able to get around to it for a while.

In the meantime, you can use uniform size grid scrolling to simulate proper binding. Just set the area size to the size of your window and set it to follow your player object and it should work fine. Also, make sure to keep layout binding off.

• Sorry for bumping, but did anyone get around to figuring out how to have zoomed scrolling with layout binding? I haven't been able to come up with a working solution of my own.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)