Can we do a camera sprite overlap like Pokemon Go?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:50 am

Guys, is there a camera plugin available now that works like Pokemon Go? It's okay if there isn't an AR Mode option. Having the feature of making a sprite overlap on the camera screen is already enough.

So does anyone know?

Thank you very much :D

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:21 pm

bump...

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:24 pm

Maybe with a plugin?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:55 am

@glerikud - I haven't had any luck in finding a plugin that has that kind of feature. And I lack the experience to make a C2 plugin or even know how to begin making.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:58 pm

I might be mistaking, but on my side (only tested on browsers though) the user media can be used to show a camera, and then nothing prevents a sprite from being in front of it, so is there something we are missing?
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:17 pm

@Aphrodite - MIND BLOWN :o :o :shock: :shock: :o :o . I totally forgot about that plugin... I can't believe I forgot about that. Thank you for telling me that.... :D :D :D

So I think the next step is learning the Touch - Gyroscope.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:07 pm

User media works fine. And has no problem with a sprite on top of it. Now if we can just get sprites to show up on top of a map... maybe somebody could write a plugin for the openstreetmap api or something. Good luck getting your hands on Nantek's crowdsourced geocoded landmark maps though.

You know what though, open streetmaps has a layer of every building with what date the building was made and sometimes a name if it's a business or house or what... Your game could use buildings as locations.

Yeah I've given this a little thought...
Follow my CZero development on twitter https://twitter.com/CaptainZeroGame
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:43 pm

sinistar99 wrote:Now if we can just get sprites to show up on top of a map... maybe somebody could write a plugin for the openstreetmap api or something. Good luck getting your hands on Nantek's crowdsourced geocoded landmark maps though.

I believe that is the hardest part of making Pokemon Go and I don't think that they will just share it. I was thinking of using googlemaps with their landmarks, and the most convenient way I can think of making it cool is adding a skin on the googlemaps to make it almost like smooth as pokemon go, which requires developing a plugin. That is a big problem for me since I don't know how to make C2 plugins.

Another problem here is the server. To avoid loses, I will try to test the functionality using Photon Cloud :lol: . I know it will be messy though.

B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:02 pm

There are landmarks for sure, but nowhere near enough to make it a good game. Now the building layer on the other hand is jam packed in urban areas. You could totally do something with that + landmarks.
Follow my CZero development on twitter https://twitter.com/CaptainZeroGame
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:20 pm

And here they are.
Pokemon Go threads for the next 6 months.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General