Can we do a camera sprite overlap like Pokemon Go?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Guys, is there a camera plugin available now that works like Pokemon Go? It's okay if there isn't an AR Mode option. Having the feature of making a sprite overlap on the camera screen is already enough.

So does anyone know?

Thank you very much

• bump...

• Maybe with a plugin?

• glerikud - I haven't had any luck in finding a plugin that has that kind of feature. And I lack the experience to make a C2 plugin or even know how to begin making.

• I might be mistaking, but on my side (only tested on browsers though) the user media can be used to show a camera, and then nothing prevents a sprite from being in front of it, so is there something we are missing?

• Aphrodite - MIND BLOWN

So I think the next step is learning the Touch - Gyroscope.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • User media works fine. And has no problem with a sprite on top of it. Now if we can just get sprites to show up on top of a map... maybe somebody could write a plugin for the openstreetmap api or something. Good luck getting your hands on Nantek's crowdsourced geocoded landmark maps though.

You know what though, open streetmaps has a layer of every building with what date the building was made and sometimes a name if it's a business or house or what... Your game could use buildings as locations.

Yeah I've given this a little thought...

• Now if we can just get sprites to show up on top of a map... maybe somebody could write a plugin for the openstreetmap api or something. Good luck getting your hands on Nantek's crowdsourced geocoded landmark maps though.

I believe that is the hardest part of making Pokemon Go and I don't think that they will just share it. I was thinking of using googlemaps with their landmarks, and the most convenient way I can think of making it cool is adding a skin on the googlemaps to make it almost like smooth as pokemon go, which requires developing a plugin. That is a big problem for me since I don't know how to make C2 plugins.

Another problem here is the server. To avoid loses, I will try to test the functionality using Photon Cloud . I know it will be messy though.

• There are landmarks for sure, but nowhere near enough to make it a good game. Now the building layer on the other hand is jam packed in urban areas. You could totally do something with that + landmarks.

• And here they are.

Pokemon Go threads for the next 6 months.

• And here they are.

Pokemon Go threads for the next 6 months.

I hope you are wrong.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)