Can we publish to the Amazon "Fire TV"?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:13 am

hi everyone,

I'm just wondering, it seems like while the Ouya and HTML5 publishing is a rocky and inhibitively challenging process (Ouya will get to it eventually) it seems like the Fire TV might be more straight forward.. though I don't have any proof of this yet.

I don't own a device, but being android based and seeing that i have an android app store account trying for he fire would be appealing. Seeing they know how to make android device and make an app store that Construct 2 games can be sold under, it feels like the path is doable.

I don't want to buy one since I own an apple tv and an ouya.. but i would buy one if it's a device we could publish too.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C ... 46#compare

Thanks,
Caleb
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:36 am

yes it runs the same os as there tablets (you do have to add game-pad support to your game though)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:08 am

@volkiller730 that's great to know. I just wonder if anyone has actually done this? I can understand it's theoretically possible, but I'm just wondering if anyone has succeeded in doing this. IAP/F2P possible through the existing android IAP system and paid app price system?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:09 pm

it-works-construct-running-on-amazon-fire-tv_t101322

I did not tested this myself though
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General