Can you help me solve this endless runner game problem?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I am making an endless runner game (using auto runner template) in which I apply bullet behaviors to the backdrops so that they pass by infinitely. But when the player gets stuck on a platform, it looks ugly: the backdrop passes by until there is blank background but the player stays there. Is there a way to fix this?

• Take a look at the endless runner example that comes with C2. After examining it, I think you could modify that example so the background only runs when the player is moving. It's pretty easy to follow. If you need som more help after examining it, post back here.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Take a look at the endless runner example that comes with C2. After examining it, I think you could modify that example so the background only runs when the player is moving. It's pretty easy to follow. If you need som more help after examining it, post back here.

Thanks. Each time the player is NOT moving I set the backdrop's timescale to 0 and if the player is moving then I set it to 1. Is this a performance effective way to solve this problem?

• Sure. Good Luck with it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)