Can you make an application for windows desktop?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi,

I'd like to make an application to manage data but I need to visualize it in a graph and Construct 2 would be really helpful for that part.

I know you can add buttons, lists and textboxes but, do you think it's powerful enough to drive lots of data parsed from a database?

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:18 pm

not exactly the most efficient way to do it as it will still be accessing it as a website (AJAX)... a real desktop app would probably be much better for database access. But if construct is your choice go for it... It really has nothing to do with how powerful construct 2 is, it has to do with using HTML5 canvas as a data driven app platform...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:53 am

@BluePhaze Well, if he's hitting a web-based database, that's not necessarily a bad thing. C2 makes accessing things like a WP database/SQL, or even a WP feed, pretty easy to deal with compared to more common alternatives.

@Djordhan There's no reason C2 couldn't do this, though keep in mind you're going to have to figure out how to parse that data. Is it a web-based or local database? And what database format?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:15 pm

It would be a local database. I have no problem having the application running in a browser (by desktop I really meant "runs locally").

But I think C2 doesn't have a component to access database so, I have no idea how I'll do that :P
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General