Can you stop moving solid objects from pushing the player?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • In my game, the player has a platform behaviour. Because of this, moving solid objects push the player out of the way. I have crushing blocks that kill the player, that work for the most part, but sometimes pushes you out of the way instead of crushing you. Is there a way to stop it? If not, then it's fine.

• Maybe just change the object event, make it so when the crusher is in collision with the player, the player to die, and add a Crushed animation to the player. You can also delay the crush death by adding a wait condition in the action like 0.2 sec, and before that disable the player movement so it looks more real.

• Maybe just change the object event, make it so when the crusher is in collision with the player, the player to die, and add a Crushed animation to the player. You can also delay the crush death by adding a wait condition in the action like 0.2 sec, and before that disable the player movement so it looks more real.

"make it so when the crusher is in collision with the player, the player to die" - If I did that then the player would die once they touched it, which isn't what I want. I just don't want the player to be moved by the crusher.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you disable solid behaviour for the object when you detect that it's actually crushing the player?

You can set a boolean instance variable for the player perhaps, and when they're being "crushed" then disable solid on the crusher - and use other events to control the position/size of the player to control the crush "mechanic".

I guess it's a little difficult to make a suggestion without seeing how your current mechanics are working, and what you're wanting to achieve cosmetically.

~Sol

• Can you disable solid behaviour for the object when you detect that it's actually crushing the player?

You can set a boolean instance variable for the player perhaps, and when they're being "crushed" then disable solid on the crusher - and use other events to control the position/size of the player to control the crush "mechanic".

I guess it's a little difficult to make a suggestion without seeing how your current mechanics are working, and what you're wanting to achieve cosmetically.

~Sol

Sorry it took me so long to respond... This sounds like a great idea. In my game you pretty much just explode once you're crushed, so you don't really look crushed or anything. This will work just fine.

• All good! Glad it will work for you

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)