Can you use the wait event for a action?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
11 loops of RPG, chiptune/8-bit music. Suitable for any pixel art game.
  • I am trying to have it so a action happens after a number of seconds. But you are supposed to delay the events by a couple of seconds by clicking on a certain object. The farthest i got in this is the wait action. The PROBLEM is that it only can delay actions placed after it. Not events. The X seconds, the event that makes the action happen is a event and not a action. Can you somehow affect a event using the wait action?

I have tried whit adding the x seconds timer as a sub event after the wait action. The problem whit that is that the x second timed event never occurs no matter how long you wait even if you don't delay it. Please give me straigth answer and try to not send me to a tutorial since it probably can't help me or i can't understand it.

• Placing sub events after the Wait will delay them. It's better to use a Timer. Add the timer behaviour to a sprite, and set the timer when needed. You have better control over Timers.

Edit: don't make multiple threads for the same issue. I just saw your other one. You can stop and start a timer, so you can reset the period as you want.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)