Can't add sprite due to .xml error

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:14 pm

Link to .capx file (required!):
http://www.dropbox.com/s/6t6o567kbpxtt7g/Testvers2.capx

Steps to reproduce:
1. Add a sprite (I added just a simple square.)
2. Save and restart Construct
3. Load save.

Observed result:
When I do the steps above I get this error message. http://i.imgur.com/LDtTqER.png I then have to go to the .xml file and delete the sprite that I created.

Expected result:
I expected it to open the project I was working on but I can't add anything.

Browsers affected:
Chrome: yes/no
Firefox: yes/no
Internet Explorer: yes/no

Operating system & service pack:
Windows 7 Home premium Service Pack 1

Construct 2 version:
Version 132
B
3
Posts: 7
Reputation: 266

Post » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Can't reproduce, works fine for me in r134. Does the beta work for you? Precisely what are you doing, in exact detail, in step 1?Ashley2013-06-17 14:08:50
Scirra Founder
B
387
S
230
G
87
Posts: 24,249
Reputation: 192,240

Post » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:19 pm

In step 1 I am double clicking the layout screen and adding a sprite. Just a box that I fill in with any random color. For the tests that I have conducted I have done blue, orange, and pink. I then close the editor window and the sprite that I created is added to the layout. Then from there I can change it's size. I can give it everything a normal sprite can get all the way to the event sheet. For sake of time and energy I haven't been giving it code because if it is having problems with just existing on the layout I don't want to have to go into the.xml for event sheets and find and delete the instance from there as well. From there if I save then close the program and try to open and load the previous save file it gives me the error that I linked above. I have just tried with the 134 version beta and it still hasn't worked.

Thank you for the quick response and I hope to hear back soon.
B
3
Posts: 7
Reputation: 266

Post » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:28 pm

I got it working somehow. The file I had saved I renamed a long time ago and recently it didn't like that I renamed it so it was just saving as "New Project" and that one is working just fine.
B
3
Posts: 7
Reputation: 266


Return to Closed bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests