Can't Export Projects with Steam Version

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:35 pm

@ViZiONEER... Well other than the that fact your CS2 seems to get through the export with no crashes, I'd say that problem is almost identical to mine. I get lots of png errors as well (with compression on) and amongst those boxes I do get the same "cannot open file" error. I also get the "application couldn't be initialized properly (0xc0000005)" error if I turn off the png compression.
Have you tried uploading and testing the exported files, are they all OK?

I'm currently uninstalling my other Steam applications to see if that helps. Plus I'm running through clean-up processes with Glary Utilities, Driver Sweeper, Malwarebytes etc. I'll see how I get on
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Hey @SecondDimension - I don't think your other steam apps can be the problem... I only have C2 running on steam on this machine right now.

And no... it doesn't work, only shows me a black screen. This must be due to the fact that the file c2runtime.js doesn't exist, but there ist this c2runtime_tmp.js, just looks like something went wrong on compiling/exporting.

As mentioned before yesterday I was somehow lucky and could do a clean export. the c2runtime.js only has a filesize of 87 KB, but the c2runtime_tmp.js exported today with absolutely no change to the project comes out at 305 KB.

I've uploaded both so maybe some dev can read inside these files... hopefully.
>> c2runtime.js VS. c2runtime_tmp.js<<

The big difference really is the fact that C2 doesn't crash at all on my machine.

I'll do the updates now and write right after I've don them here again.ViZiONEER2013-03-13 21:14:14
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:15 pm

I wonder if you tried the standalone free version if that would be OK for you as well. Plus, do you have any issues with previewing in Firefox? I bet this is something so obscure
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Standalone free version of r119 stable does its job just perfect. also here. Preview in Firefox also works without any problems in steam c2 personal...

uninstalled it and created another steam-folder in the root of anohter hdd, same errors, so it can't be because of too long/deep file paths, just thoug i give it a try...

time to update the rest... java runs on the latest release, and so does the graphics card... some more updates to do, be right back
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:28 pm

Updated to SP2 now.

The desktop icon of C2 has now changed to a web document (internet explorer logo on a white blank paper)

Launched it and exported the same project again with no changes to the settings (PNG standard/recommended)

First try:
Export progress bar appears with two dos-boxes. One performing the PNG-processing the second one does nothing. The close automatically
Then the java error again resulting in a c2runtime_tmp.js being populated into the export folder.

Second try:
Just done seconds after the first export with absolutely no changes to anything.
BAAAAM! Done! Export progress bar two dos-windows and then the pop up asking me if i want to go to the exported project or stay in construct.
Now there is a nice c2runtime.js in the folder and the index.html works just fine.

I think I got this result yesterday when I've installed the latest java-update from 7.15 to 7.17, but I'm not 100 % sure about it.

Now give it a third try:
Looking good initially but then pngout.exe has stopped working appears again, this time only once. But no java-errors for now. Ok, the project works the images were there before, and I also think by now, that even if this pngout.exe pops up the images though are exported correct.

Fourth (fear to press the export button already):
No PNG error but the Java Runtime has stopped working and gifts me a c2runtime_tmp.js

Fifth:
two pngout.exe errors... java.exe initialisation errors (0xc0000005), no access to file, java binary stopped working, the whole palette...

Sixth:
java.exe initialisation, java binary stopped working, error on export, created a tmp.js

Seventh:
java binary twice, c2runtime_min.js cant be opened error
---
CLOSED CONSTRUCT 2

Reinstalled Java 7 Update 17
Launched Construct 2 again and started exporting
Waves of errors as above, did three attempts

I'll do some research and keep you updated...

It worked once!!!ViZiONEER2013-03-13 22:47:40
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 pm

just gave it three other tries with microsofts sysinternals process explorer running, nothing special to see in the process list.. had the pngout.exe errors but java worked fine. TWO TIMES this time.
It executed a working result.
Third one crashed again on the java.exe and so did the fourth.
Giving up for now, no clue where the devil in detail originates here.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:23 am

Good morning.

This is really the first time i regret having bought it over steam and not the standalone version.

@Ashley: Any thoughts or advise on these issues? Any further information that would be helpful?

As mentioned, the free standalone r119 stable works without any issues.ViZiONEER2013-03-14 09:55:02
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:09 pm

Just to test last night I opened a command prompt and disabled DEP completly. Rebooted, and it didn't make any difference, so that's not the issue. I guessing this must be a Vista issue.

Some other things I might try when I can get home; verifying game cache through Steam, disabling Steam Community in-game.

@ViZiONEER: Have you changed your graphics card anytime in the last few years? This is the only thing slightly out-of-the-ordinary that I have done with my machine, switching from nVidia to ATI. This was about 18 months ago though, and hasn't caused any other problems so it's a long shot. Just trying to think of anything common between our setups
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:48 pm

I also think it is a Vista/Steam issue.

@SecondDimension: I have a Notebook, no internal hardware has been replaced, not even the RAM or HDD/ODD. It is just set up as it has left the factory.

I'll try to find out on my own or contact steam in the evening.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:57 pm

This does sound like a Vista-specific issue, but I think the problem is either with or caused by a third party tool (either PNGOut, the java thing, or Steam). I've noticed there's a new version of PNGOut available; I'll update it for the next build, and hopefully that will resolve it.

I might mention... if you upgrade to Windows 7 or 8 you also get automatic AAC encoding when you import audio. Might be worth considering :P
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Closed bugs