Can't Export Projects with Steam Version

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:57 pm

This does sound like a Vista-specific issue, but I think the problem is either with or caused by a third party tool (either PNGOut, the java thing, or Steam). I've noticed there's a new version of PNGOut available; I'll update it for the next build, and hopefully that will resolve it.

I might mention... if you upgrade to Windows 7 or 8 you also get automatic AAC encoding when you import audio. Might be worth considering :P
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:08 pm

So may we try to download it from

http://advsys.net/ken/util/pngout.exe

and copy it into

C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\Construct2\Construct2-Win32\exporters\html5\tools\pngout\pn

or whereever the file has to go... I am at work right now but will give it a try when i am back at home.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:38 pm

No, had absolutely no effect to replace pngout.exe with the new version.

Update or a new machine? That's the question now i fear...

I also tried the Vista Issue steps mentioned on steam support. Nothing changes.ViZiONEER2013-03-15 11:45:40
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:27 pm

OK, the good news is that I've managed to stop this error occurring on my system. I still get a load of strange DOS boxes, flickering and so on, but the export works and the games are playable when uploaded.

The bad news is that I'm not entirely sure what fixed it, as I spent an hour changing and uninstalling things, after which the problem seemed to be solved. I can narrow it down and say the fix must have come by doing one or some of the following things:

* Setting Windows Explorer to show hidden files & folders
* Verifying Application Cache for CS2 Within Steam
* Disabling Steam In-Game Community
* Uninstalling Steinberg CuBase and associated drivers
* Uninstalling GameMaker Steam version (in case of sabotage)
* Uninstalling All Non-Valve Games from Steam
* Uninstalling Skype Click-to-Call
* Uninstalling EA Download Manager & all games that need it (Spore etc)
* Disabling Every Plugin, AddOn and Theme within FF & IE (left Chrome alone)
* Using Driver Sweeper to remove any outdated graphics drivers (Nividia)

(edited for spelling)SecondDimension2013-03-15 12:28:15
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:46 pm

A little light on the horizon.

ToCheck * Setting Windows Explorer to show hidden files & folders
ToCheck * Verifying Application Cache for CS2 Within Steam
N/A * Disabling Steam In-Game Community
N/A * Uninstalling Steinberg CuBase and associated drivers
N/A (Scirra FTW! ;-))* Uninstalling GameMaker Steam version (in case of sabotage)
N/A * Uninstalling All Non-Valve Games from Steam
N/A * Uninstalling Skype Click-to-Call
N/A * Uninstalling EA Download Manager & all games that need it (Spore etc)
ToCheck * Disabling Every Plugin, AddOn and Theme within FF & IE (left Chrome alone)
ToCheck * Using Driver Sweeper to remove any outdated graphics drivers (Nividia)

I'll check the things I can do on my system, and try it after every step. If it still occurs I'll have a look at ohter third party software that may interfere with C2/Steam
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:53 pm

same problem with the free steam version :
system :
windows vista sp2 32 bits
intel core 2 quad
4 Go ram
GeForce GTX 260
B

Post » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:41 pm

One other thing that forgot to put on the list; I uninstalled Mikogo. Although I still think that using Driver Sweeper was what solved it for me...

I changed from Nvidia to ATI graphics about 18 months ago, and Driver Sweeper found the old Nvidia drivers still on my machine. I suspect that deleting these fixed the problem. Perhaps the Steam version has some conflict with Nvidia drivers on Vista 32bit?
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:30 pm

I'm just checking in here as another user with the problem. I started with the free scirra.com version and did some tutorial projects. I later installed the steam version and it wouldn't preview projects. However, if I loaded one of my previously saved projects (from the scirra.com version) it would export those and preview in browser. Very weird. After trying a few things unsuccessfully I deleted the steam version and went back to the original. It works fine.

In case it's a contributor to the problem, I am using an ATI/AMD graphics card. I doubt that is the issue though.
B

Post » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:18 am

Was not on for a while... Had still R119 running. Now I just updated to R126 and it does its job well again. No more error messages. Worked twice... Restarted C2, and it still works. Thank you so much! Time to do some progress on my project then! :-)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:42 am

Mine was going OK with some minor crashes, but since r126 it has been a lot better, thanksSecondDimension2013-04-24 08:42:52
B
S

Previous

Return to Closed bugs