Cannot Find Object Texture File

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality sound effect pack, in the following categories: Dark, Mystical, Peaceful
  • I started a new project yesterday, imported a couple of backgrounds saved as a single project file, and when I go to open it today I get the following error:

Failed to open project

'\\?C:\Users\Milhouse\AppData\Local\Temp\cap3MEQTF\New project.caproj';

Cannot find object texture file 'bg02.png' in the project texture folder. Check the file has not been renamed or removed.

Under element: c2project \ object-folder \ object-type

Line 582, column 9

The file may be invalid. Try checking the file in a text editor (projets are saved in XML format).

Windows 7. r99

• Can you reproduce this? What steps did you follow? Does it happen every time?

• Unfortunately (fortunately?), I cannot reproduce the problem.    I really wasn't doing much before. I added a bit of code, 5 sprites to my project, gave them 4 variables and kept trying to enter text into a number variable by accident, but that's really it.

I'm wondering if something didn't save right when my computer hibernated. I have autosaves set to go into my dropbox, but for some reason I have a bunch of .capx.backup[numbers] in the folder with my manually saved .capx between the time of my last good manual save and the corrupted manual save.

All the goodies are here: dropbox.com/sh/dfvgjqnkoqbzbce/LKUQPLr3Zk

It's no burden to me since it was only about 2 hours of simple work (which I've already reproduced), I just thought you should know.

• Closing as should be fixed in r101.

• Just had this happen - 12/26/2012. Removed an audio file for looped background music from the game controls then tried to run it and got this error. I had just cleaned all my temporary internet files- and it is searching in my AppData\Local\Temp for the texture

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Coincidentally, this just happened to me again as well. Windows 8 x64, r114 64-bit. I left my computer on, it went to sleep mode and then to hibernate mode. Upon restarting my computer, I was greeted with a "Construct must close" Windows error. When I tried to open up my last save (the one that was open when the program quit) it searches unsuccessfully for a texture I added after the last save in AppData\Local\Temp, locking me from using the capx.

• Are either of you using any third party tools to "clean" your computer? Construct 2 uses the Temp folder while you have a .capx file open, and if some tool tries to "helpfully" clean up all the files in Temp, it just wiped your project. This isn't Construct 2's fault, it's your third party tool at fault for being overzealous at deleting temp files. Anyway, this issue will remain closed until a reliable series of steps to reproduce the problem can be found - there's virtually nothing we can do without that.

• Ashely- Yes. I had used CCleaner to clean up a bunch of files so all evidence points to that! But hey- I did learn that I can open a .capx in winzip and get a lot of info out of the XML files because of my crash!

• I actually do not. My copy of Windows 8 is clean of utility programs. I'll see if I can't try to duplicate it to find a pattern.

• Thanks nimbusfool for the tip on unzipping the project. I was able to create a .png file of the same name as the one that was missing and put it in the texture folder to save a few hours of work when this happened again today.

• Hi, I've just had exactly the same thing happen to me - could you explain how exactly you recovered the project?

Also, I'm not sure what cleaned my temp folder - AVG 2013 seems a likely culprit - any idea how to stop it happening again? (Either by changing settings or making it save to a different folder)

• Hi lolpaca,

If you saved it in project format, you can put a dummy image with the same name in the correct folder. If you saved it as a single file, you can extract it into a project (like unzipping) and then replace this missing file.

• Hi lolpaca,

If you saved it in project format, you can put a dummy image with the same name in the correct folder. If you saved it as a single file, you can extract it into a project (like unzipping) and then replace this missing file.

What is the correct folder? There is no texture folder in my extracted project.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)