Cannot run exported webkit to windows8 .exe v127

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:01 am

I was not sure where to put this, but I for some reason now
that ive migrated to build 127, and if I export via webkit to
windows.exe for the desktop, if i doubleclick the .exe now
it spins the cursor but nothing else happens and stops.
Im running windows8. I can preview the game in b127 and it runs as expected, but it seams only with b127 build it wont execute what it exported? not sure if anyone else had this problem.?
Again prior to this build was ok.

All ports as as they should be firewall ete, ive disabled everything to test including av programs, but nothing makes a difference, same ip address as well, and previews fine as above in any browser.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Exported the game via webkit export to windows .exe
2. Cannot run the exe created with webkit export for windows8
3. Spins mouse then stops in a few sec.

Observed result:
Would not execute the exe

Expected result:
Would run the .exe same as preview.

Browsers affected:
Chrome: yes
Firefox: yes
Internet Explorer: yes

Operating system & service pack:
windows 8

Construct 2 version:
Posts: 12
Reputation: 699

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:23 pm

Just tried it and works for me. Closing, please attach your .capx as required, since the problem may be specific to your project.
Scirra Founder
Posts: 22,829
Reputation: 176,664

Post » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:20 pm

Oops forgot to attach capx...
note: I tried this one more time as well, and this time I removed all the files where the exported files would go, and then exported them again fresh and now it works. Maybe some weird win8 write problem, no idea. Ive since exported it multiple times and all works ok.
Posts: 12
Reputation: 699

Post » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:46 am

Bytecode generation
Error Found: The bytecode generation test detected the following errors:
This package has JavaScript syntax or other problems. (0x80040154)
Impact if not fixed: As a performance optimization to accelerate JavaScript execution time, JavaScript files ending in the ".js" extension generate bytecode when the app is deployed. This optimization significantly improves start-up and ongoing execution times for JavaScript.
How to fix: You may need consider one or more of these steps to fix the issue:
- Ensure that event logging is enabled
-     All JavaScript files are syntactically valid; otherwise exclude the respective files from the package
-     Please note that you should uninstall all previous versions of the app before deploying
Otherwise exclude the respective files from the package.

Posts: 1
Reputation: 177

Return to Closed bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests