Cannot use tilemaps to create iphone full screen games

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • hi

i want to create a full screen iphone game and use tilemaps

but i always get seams no mater what settings i use

even if i use letter box integer scale i still get seams

any idea whats the problem

in the test file seams apear on the bricks and the plants

i also compiled on real iphone it gives the same result

• you set the sampling to "point"?

(sorry i cant open yr capx, my c2 is outdated...)

• its the tilemap. its picking up the bottom row of the cell above. i erased bottom row and it works as it is supposed to.

• its the tilemap. its picking up the bottom row of the cell above. i erased bottom row and it works as it is supposed to.

I also came to the same conclusion. Erase the tiny particles that have moved down and your brown plants will look normal. As for the spaces between the other tilemap, I was not able to reproduce them. They all seemed fine.

• I have noticed though that Android, iOS and PC that tile maps seem to have intermittent seams and issues with construct 2. it doesn't matter how I do the project settings, it doesn't matter what the tile sizes, what the spacing or offset is, what tile set I use.

• you set the sampling to "point"?

(sorry i cant open yr capx, my c2 is outdated...)

you are right but changing it did nothing

• nlaakald you are right

i used many setting with no use

used many tilemaps also

letter box integer scalling will not scale to fit the screen for universal release

maybe should report it as abug?

• also changing c2 view size to fit the iphone5 makes the problem worse

• I have noticed though that Android, iOS and PC that tile maps seem to have intermittent seams and issues with construct 2. it doesn't matter how I do the project settings, it doesn't matter what the tile sizes, what the spacing or offset is, what tile set I use.

I think the tilemap object has a seamless mode somewhere in the proprieties, does that take care of the seams?

• No. Seams worse. Lol. I could not help it.

• No. Seams worse. Lol. I could not help it.

Did you read my post at all? I told you how to fix the plants. As for the seams, you see in iOS. I guarantee its an emulator issue with scaling and desktop resolution. Compile your game and actually test it on an iPhone.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Did you read my post at all? I'm not the initial poster with the iPhone I'm the one that said the plants were the issue but that I was seeing issues as well with other devices. anyway I think it's my Photoshop it seems to be anti aliasing 1 pixel a wide along the right and bottom edge and I can't figure out how to turn it off. so I am remaking my sprite sheets and I'm putting an offset around the edge and a tupical all set between each frame facing I mean I'll try it out see if that works but I think it might have been a Photoshop issue for me

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)