Can't Fraps my game anymore

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:07 am

@Colludium I tried Avidemux but didnt notice it did VFX stuff. i.e. adding text, fading effects, etc. Does it do that?
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:04 am

Also, if you have a Nvidia card, you can use Shadowplay, I use it and is pretty good.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:45 am

_ @TheWyrm, sorry - I thought it did (my memory is failing me!). I have almost always used Movie Maker (in spite of its clunky interface) because it's quick and easy to create a small preview video. If you're seeing quality problems with yours then that could be caused by many things rather than MM - I've always found the video quality more than good enough, as long as you don't try and compress the file too much. It could also be because of the import codec that was used to make the original recording and which doesn't compress well in other formats - I'm just guessing.

You could use MM to do the editing (if you don't mind the interface) and export the video in custom high quality format, or one that is the same as the input video if you can, to eliminate losses and then convert the output file to whatever you want by using Avidemux. I've also looked into Videopad, which looks really versatile and quite powerful - and it has a free version too!
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:50 am

I currently use Bandicam like @KFC mentioned. It works great and isn't limited to DirectX games or anything, you can select a region or window or whatever you like :P Sound records fine too! Only problem I had with it was when I recorded constantly for an hour, my file went crazy and kinda corrupt... :( (not to do with crashing or lack of disk space, literally just randomly corrupted after an hour of constant recording).

I've never heard of "Action!" but it sounds great, I might check it out next time I need to record stuff :P
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:12 pm

You can try Camstudio which is free (http://camstudio.org) I use that and Ashampoo Snap(https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/102 ... oo-Snap-7#) for screen capturing. Serif have a free edition of Movie plus they call the Starter edition (http://www.serif.com/free-video-editing-software/) you can try that out. I know the import limitation is wmv only you can unlock other import options for $9.

Also almost forgot there is Microsoft Expression Encoder which good and free because they discontinued development and you can edit what you record with it http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=18974.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:20 pm

You might want to report the issue to FRAPS. Node-webkit is based on Chrome which has a fairly unique architecture, like having a separate process for GPU commands, so they might need to update FRAPS to take that kind of thing in to account.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:41 pm

I've been using OBS which is a live streaming tool, but you can use it to record locally. The performance is awesome and it's free
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:47 pm

Ashley wrote:You might want to report the issue to FRAPS. Node-webkit is based on Chrome which has a fairly unique architecture, like having a separate process for GPU commands, so they might need to update FRAPS to take that kind of thing in to account.

Ashley, Fraps stopped working with the new version of Nodewebkit, the one i used now from 184 works with fraps, so it might be nodewebkit? or some new update from chrome...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:31 pm

I think it's FRAPS' job to be compatible with all software, not all software's job to be compatible with FRAPS.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:28 pm

I don't even know when the last time FRAPS was updated, so I don't have super high hopes there.
Thanks to those who suggested alternate programs though!
Nvidia Shadowplay doesn't seem to detect Node Webkit games either. It can capture desktop but then I'd have to crop it. Action! looks fantastic though.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General