Can't open my file

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:27 am

Problem Description
____ A concise description of your problem here ____
After finished my game for today and saved it, then I tried to open again it show me this message

Attach a Capx
____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

Description of Capx
____ Concise description of what this CapX does ____

Steps to Reproduce Bug
  • Step 1
  • Step 2
  • Step 3 etc.

Observed Result
____ What happens? ____

Expected Result
____ What do you expect to happen? ____

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: (YES/NO)
  • FireFox: (YES/NO)
  • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack
____ Your operating system and service pack ____

Construct 2 Version ID
____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:58 am

@kajuto84

well its hard to know whats cousin g the problem, have you tired opening a back up?? open all your back ups, and see if you can open at least one.

im sorry im not of help, maybe someone else here can help, be patient
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:02 pm

I already tried open backup file but can't @lunatrap
B

Post » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:52 pm

It's a second or third report about corrupted save files. Upload your broken .capx. Oh and what version of c2 you use?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:07 pm

Im using The latear versión @Sisyphus , what can i do?
B

Post » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:37 pm

As Ashley constantly states, reports such as these are no good if you don't provide both a .capx and as much info as possible regarding the process you were undertaking at the time.

Info such as save location, anti-virus used (some can delete temp files before you've finished with them, but could cause corruption), os, what you were doing at the time, and anything else you can think of that might help.

As has been stated, there does appear to be more than the odd one or two corrupted files of late, so every detail may be important in determining the reason.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:19 pm

kajuto84 wrote:Im using The latear versión @Sisyphus , what can i do?

You can help Ashley fix this issue, but you need to tell what exact version you use, r184 or r185 or what and upload your corrupted .capx
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:40 pm

The versión is 4r184 (64bit)
Norton360
And The last thing was copying and modifying The code of the falling object to my Game
B

Post » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:43 pm

here is the corrupted capx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:59 pm

The project XML has both an object type named 'Family1', and a family called 'Family1'. I have no idea how this could be possible. We cannot fix this unless you can include the steps to reproduce this in the first place - there's no clue how this happened from the project itself. Did you edit the project XML yourself by any chance?

I managed to recover it by renaming the sprite which was called 'Family1' to 'WasFamily1' and updating the files by hand. You can download it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15217362/piggame-recovered.capx - we still have no idea how this could happen though and we definitely want to fix it, so please provide any information you can at all about how this happened.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs