Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:31 am

Change the Id to a string.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:43 am

@michael - are you on Windows 10 or Windows 8.1? I think VS2015 requires Windows 10 to be able to make Windows 10 apps (not too surprising there). Also the XML validation thing looks like maybe you just need to type in an ID in project properties? If so then the editor needs to prompt for that.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:45 pm

@Ashley, I wrote this before but I guess you didn't see it: when I export the game created in Construct 212.2 for Windows 8.1, and then try to edit the manifest in VS 2013, I get error too. This has nothing to do with Windows 10.
B
S

Post » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:15 pm

Ashley wrote:@michael - are you on Windows 10 or Windows 8.1? I think VS2015 requires Windows 10 to be able to make Windows 10 apps (not too surprising there). Also the XML validation thing looks like maybe you just need to type in an ID in project properties? If so then the editor needs to prompt for that.

@Ashley, thanks for reply. Yes I am running Windows 10 Pro.

With regard to project ID, do you mean in C2?

I will check it out in the morning....
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:12 am

Hi @Ashley

Ashley wrote:That's a good point - you can only build Windows 10 Store apps with Windows 10. If you have Windows 8.1 I don't think you can build Windows 10 apps. That's a limitation in Visual Studio itself.

From Microsoft VS2015 download page:
"Provides the core tools for building compelling, innovative apps for Universal Windows Platform. Windows 10 is required."

michael wrote:With regard to project ID, do you mean in C2?

I will check it out in the morning....

Added an ID in C2 and all works now, (never needed this before, probably required by Window Phone i guess).

However still wondering about the lack of About, Support, and Privacey pages.

Been out of the windows app loop for a while, so will go do some checking. Any info would be appreciated...

Thanks...

B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:39 pm

Im still having the same issues as @paula22. Im using windows 10 and exporting to windows 10 universal.
I fixed the problem with the ID by adding the ID in C2 "App".

Also the Version should be something like "1.0.0.0".
That solved some issues. So now I can preview the game in VS 2015 but cannot add this to the windows store due to app manifest problems.
It says its still invalid.

@Michael
Did you solve the complete issue with publishing to the store or did you get as far as I did?
B

Post » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:34 am

adsta3712 wrote:@Michael
Did you solve the complete issue with publishing to the store or did you get as far as I did?

Have not tried release to store yet, wanted to fine tune for the Windows10 Universal App release.

Managed to build and run in vs but still having several issues:
Can't run app via VS in full screen
I wonder if this is still using Edge (which doesn't have full screen option) to run the app.

Can't run Deployment Package
When I build a deployment package for testing, and then install the app via App-AddDevPackage the install occurs without any issue, but there is no App launch icon to be found in the start menu.

In game purchase doesn't work now
Have not looked at this in real detail yet, but the project I am testing has already been released on Windows 8/8.1 - Just doen't work the same when built for VS2015.

Bit short on time to look at all these new unexpected issues at present...

B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:48 pm

@Ashley, I installed OS Windows 10 today, but I continue having the same problem.
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:45 pm

For everybody having this problem:

We continued not being able to see the manifest even with Windows 10 and after reinstalling Visual Studio all over again. Then, we saw part of my project description (as I wrote it in the Construct1 project) included quotes around a word. We removed the quotes in that text, and then finally, after many days of testing and trying, we could see the manifest.

It would be nice if the developers of Construct could fix it, allowing us to use quotes in the description text if needed. But at least is good to know what the problem was, and maybe it will help someone else.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:09 am

@paula22, glad you got it working.

Do you have any of the issues I described in my last post?

Thanks...

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Closed bugs