Cant Paste On Android

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:01 pm

I can copy event sheet nodes and sprites but I cannot paste them at all as no paste button shows when I hold my finger onto the blank part of a layout or eventsheet.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:09 pm

Yeah, I saw this too, and frankly it made me laugh. The same applies for objects on the layout. Honestly I can't understand why this isn't there. Same on the desktop. You can't paste without CTRL + V. There is no option to paste in the menu.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:43 pm

There's not much we can do about this: Android doesn't provide any way to paste. Normally there's cut/copy/paste in the browser menu, but not on Android. Normally you can press Ctrl+V, but most Androids don't have a keyboard. And in Javascript there's no way to force a paste to happen. So think we're stuck here.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Ashley wrote:There's not much we can do about this: Android doesn't provide any way to paste. Normally there's cut/copy/paste in the browser menu, but not on Android. Normally you can press Ctrl+V, but most Androids don't have a keyboard. And in Javascript there's no way to force a paste to happen. So think we're stuck here.

It is realy bad.
How about to make at least an option "Duplicate", so it will automaticly make a duplicate (lets say with an offset of 5 pixels down-right), that way there will be a posibility to make more than one instance of an object. (Because draging an object from Project bar is also not working on android)
Same with events, duplicate will help a lot, especially if we could move events around.
B
S
G

Return to Closed Bugs