Can´t start C2, missing DLL-file

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:57 am

Thanks!

Yes, it feels like I´m missing a dll-file. I do have the KERNEL32.dll though. Perhaps it´s corrupt or something?
Is there a way to see what dll-files C2 needs/uses, and compare to those I have, and that way find out which one is missing?
The dll file name in the error message ( ÿÿ•.dll) is so strange. It looks like my computer is trying to translate the file name from another language without having the right language pack installed or something.

And yes, I´ll download the latest microsoft visual c++ and see if that might help.
That did solve other (gaming) problems on my old computer!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:35 pm

So how about C2 problem..?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:35 pm

Last time I was indicated such an issue, the person managed to "fix it" by updating their windows version.

Nevertheless, the dll name is indeed very strange and could lead to believe there is some malware at work, or some data corruption somewhere (a deficient cluster on the hard drive, this happens). In the case of a malfunctioning cluster a clean reinstall of windows might be to be seen.
Otherwise, make an attempt at creating another Windows account/session, and see if executing Construct / installing Construct on that session changes things or if you encounter the same kind of issue.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:45 pm

I encountered this EXACT same problem and error last week after installing this addon from the Scirra Store:

https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2 ... chine-2463

Pretty sure the problem had something to do with installing this behavior in my situation, as the problem started right away after closing and restarting C2 to finish the .c2addon install. Never had this problem occur with any other installed addon before. I also have Windows 7 / 64-bit system (Home Premium / Service Pack 1), getting identical missing DLL error messages.

I was on C2 version 227, tried installing again multiple times (and installing 229 and 228 but also got errors) and eventually had to revert back to beta 226 to get C2 to start normally. Tried removing and wiping all traces of the behavior afterwards yet the problem remains, hopefully Scirra team can look into this..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:52 am

Hi again!

fathijack1999:
I wrote about this problem here for two reasons.
1) C2 was/is the only program (so far) that has this problem.
2) I was thinking that someone here might have encountered a similar problem and perhaps had help to give

Kyatric:
Thanks! I first created two new users (one with admin rights and one without). I tried reinstalling C2 with both users, but the same error showed up.
I have also installed the latest version of nw.js, just to make sure.
Anyway, so this morning I succumbed and upgraded to (free) Windows 10. I updated the drivers for my graphics card.
However, the problem still exists, but now the error message is slightly different again, but still something unsearchable like "Can´t find entry point in (/■.dll"

Waltuo:
Thank you!! I tried Beta 226 now and it seems to work. I haven´t bought anything from the store lately, so my problem may have other origins. I would however very much like to know what dll I might be missing, or what else causes this problem.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:48 pm

@mindragon73 Glad to hear Beta 226 is working for you! Also kinda happy to hear you're not using the same addon as I am, so it's less likely a fault of this behavior / malware within that file.

Anyhow, REALLY hoping this gets sorted soon, with the next C2 update or otherwise.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:25 pm

I have same problem. I have 64bit Windows 10. First run Construct 2 is working great. After I close it and trying to run again, it will give me error about .dll file is missing.
My error message is also looking strange name for .dll file :o
B
S

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:30 pm

Skebab wrote:I have same problem. I have 64bit Windows 10. First run Construct 2 is working great. After I close it and trying to run again, it will give me error about .dll file is missing.

Is this with the latest C2 beta r232?
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:43 pm

zenox98 wrote:
Skebab wrote:I have same problem. I have 64bit Windows 10. First run Construct 2 is working great. After I close it and trying to run again, it will give me error about .dll file is missing.

Is this with the latest C2 beta r232?

No this is with r227.

I tryed to install r232 but my Antivirus Software (F-Secure) detected it as virus or untrusted source?

>>> Okay I just told to Anitivirus detector that I trust on this software and I wanna procceed.
Now everything seems to work just fine even I close the software and run it again :)
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General